It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Not sure if the club are in full burt mode but just seen a Wurlitzer being wheeled threw the main entrance ..Now that's some statement

So we could potentially have a transfer window with these ins & outs:
Jesus -> Haaland
Sterling/Mahrez -> Alvarez
Fernandinho -> Frenkie de Jong
Mendy -> New young LB/RB (Porro/Frimpong/Hickey/Someone else our scouts like the most)

What a time to be a blue!

Why would we offer a new contract to anyone we wanted to sell?

Unless of course you’re Ewar Woowar who has done it numerous times with players they want to shift. Philip Jones bring the funniest to date

Stops you losing a player on a free, stops clubs low-balling you and threatening to sign the player to a precontract 6 motnhs later for 0, makes the player + agent push the buying club for a move because they want to get out, stops agents from preferring to delay the move 1 year and get a monster signing on fee instead of a transfer fee.

Every club does this, no one willingly lets players get down to sub-1 year before they sell.

He has started some big games thanks to his relentless work rate and Sterling being out of form, hard to see Pep choosing that over a 50 goal a season striker next season though, isn't it?
I like how you edited the comment to include “Sterling being out of form”, which only works one way, of course. So much love for Jesus… Let’s ignore for instance that John Stones also had periods of not being used this season, must be another player Pep doesn’t rate as much.
Your point about signing Haaland meaning it’s the end for him doesn’t even make sense. How many times did we see him and Aguero playing together? And it doesn’t explain your point that Alvarez would be ahead of him either. But I promised it would be the end on my part and I continued, so I’ll keep the promise this time. Not worth it

Stops you losing a player on a free, stops clubs low-balling you and threatening to sign the player to a precontract 6 motnhs later for 0, makes the player + agent push the buying club for a move because they want to get out, stops agents from preferring to delay the move 1 year and get a monster signing on fee instead of a transfer fee.

Every club does this, no one willingly lets players get down to sub-1 year before they sell.
You are Edward Woodward & I claim my £5 ;)

Joking aside, that’s not true is it? When was the last time City extended a contract for a player we wanted to sell?

how have United got on trying to flog the players they didn’t want after extending their contracts? Awful business in my opinion mate, I’m extremely happy we don’t operate this way

I like how you edited the comment to include “Sterling being out of form”, which only works one way, of course. So much love for Jesus… Let’s ignore for instance that John Stones also had periods of not being used this season, must be another player Pep doesn’t rate as much.
Your point about signing Haaland meaning it’s the end for him doesn’t even make sense. How many times did we see him and Aguero playing together? And it doesn’t explain your point that Alvarez would be ahead of him either. But I promised it would be the end on my part and I continued, so I’ll keep the promise this time. Not worth it
I agree with you mate. But you wont get anywhere with him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.