Newcastle Utd (H) Post Match Thread

The thing about empty seats.
I’ve tried to get two tickets together several times before for me and my son. We had Cityzen cards. Trying online was proving more and more disappointing.
And I’d see rows of seats on tv empty and wonder why couldn’t I book them.
Covid came and I haven’t been since. I’ve not renewed our Cityzen cards.
That's really wrong.
Really wrong.

I've not watched it back but IF Attwell blew for the corner to be taken I'd argue the ball would be deemed as in-play and if we fucked about taking it we could be booked for time wasting?
Argue all you like, it's not what the rules say.

Is now the correct answer. Being an ex-ref and actually doing this, nothing wrong with the ref blowing to start play, the player taking the corner takes the corner, then the ref watches the infringement and then gives a pen.
fIxed

So if a player makes a run into the penalty area at a corner/throw, in anticipation of the corner/throw being taken quickly and is held a direct free or penalty cannot be given.

I have seen lots of players make runs to get on the end of quick free kicks etc, they start the run before the kick is taken. If a player is fouled before the kick is taken, it should be penalised as preventing a goal scoring opportunity. The attacking team should not be penalised by not being given the penalty or free kick.

If Rodri had been fouled as he started his run to meet the corner for our third goal, before Debruyne took the kick, the referee could have blown to book the player and the goal would not have stood?
No, according to the bit I posted from the laws, as the ref hadn't issued a warning there would be no need even to issue a yellow card.

But if Rodri was fouled and still scored, the ref should play advantage.

Despite the "early intervention" advice, "the referee must warn any player holding an opponent before the ball is in play", if you don't warn a player and the corner is taken and he's still holding, just give the penalty.

was in a bar in Ancoats on Sunday before the match, cant recall the name.... the one next to Seven Brothers. Noticed a Geordie accent at the bar so asked him what he thought of their takeover. His arrogant response was that, unlike City.. the nation like Newcastle and wish them well. I pointed out we were exactly the same before our takeover and that he better get used to Newcastle being hated, rubbished in the media and the like. He then turned round and said they never will be as they never got crowds of 12000 like we used to, I nealy laughed my lager right in his face... bearing in mind im in my 50s and this goon was about 25.. i asked him where such information came from ... could he substantiate said claims. he didnt have a clue, i laughed him out the bar with some quick examples of our support throughtout the years... he was completely lost for any response. Another sheep believing the shite the media spin

No, according to the bit I posted from the laws, as the ref hadn't issued a warning there would be no need even to issue a yellow card.

But if Rodri was fouled and still scored, the ref should play advantage.

Despite the "early intervention" advice, "the referee must warn any player holding an opponent before the ball is in play", if you don't warn a player and the corner is taken and he's still holding, just give the penalty.
But the ref could not play advantage if he stops the play to issue a warning before the ball is in the net! Yet this is what he did at the corner. A player was making a run in anticipation of the corner being played, he did not play advantage, we may have scored from that corner had he allowed it to be taken, instead of stopping play to book the player.

The way to stop defenders getting an unfair advantage is to penalise them when they do it, not give them the advantage of giving them a warning. Just as warning a keeper to stay on his line when facing a penalty. It is not for the referee to advise (warn) professional footballers what the LOTG are.

With foul play a red card can be issued even when the ball is not in play.

But the ref could not play advantage if he stops the play to issue a warning before the ball is in the net! Yet this is what he did at the corner. A player was making a run in anticipation of the corner being played, he did not play advantage, we may have scored from that corner had he allowed it to be taken, instead of stopping play to book the player.

The way to stop defenders getting an unfair advantage is to penalise them when they do it, not give them the advantage of giving them a warning. Just as warning a keeper to stay on his line when facing a penalty. It is not for the referee to advise (warn) professional footballers what the LOTG are.

With foul play a red card can be issued even when the ball is not in play.
That was very good apart from the last line. No red card for serious foul play if the ball is not in play, only for violent conduct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.