The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They wouldn’t need to win 9-0. For goal difference to become an issue, we would have to lose to West Ham (or Villa) first. If we lost say 1-0 on Sunday that would knock the GD down to 6. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that the dippers might then bang in 4 or 5 at Southampton, which would make things mighty tight on the final day. Even though it’s a long shot, I was irritated at the gift wrapped chances we spunked in the last 10 minutes last night. We could have put the possibility of GD playing a role, completely to bed
Beggars can't be choosers and I would've happily taken a 1-0 win last night pre kick-off but as the goals started flying in, I was thinking exactly the same!

They play Wolves in their last game. They are certainly capable of putting 5 past them just like we did. We can't rely on goal difference. Think we need to win both games
Southampton and Wolves woud be like cannon fodder to them. As good as we were, Wolves looked particularly poor. We will have a good idea where we stand after the West Ham match

We should have bagged at least another 2 last night.
Genuinely think we could get double figures in some games next season with our Norwegian bulldozer.

Liverpool's last 2 games.

Canon fodder(Southampton) v Liverpool
Liverpool v cannon fodder(Wolves) (just lost 1-5 to City at home)

Unless Southsmpton and Wolves can park the bus, battle like f*ck, and hold out as log as they both can, I can easily see a possible 10 goals for Liverpool in their last 2 games.

one interesting piece for me is how goals have dried up for the scouser and we're free flowing. 13 goal advantage to City in the last 4 games.

View attachment 43032
Tbh Liverpool since January are like they were back in 18/19. Sometimes they play great and win big, and the rest of the time they somehow manage to scrape a win regardless of how well or poorly they played. Except this time around they're even worse and somehow even jammier.

I am quite looking forward to a scenario where we beat West Ham by a goal or two, meaning that Liverpool need to win their last game of the season 5 or 6 nil whilst we lose. The fact that they would go into that game with a glimmer of hope which would casually bludgeon throughout the afternoon would be nice, a bit like Brighton a couple of years ago.

Liverpool's last 2 games.

Canon fodder(Southampton) v Liverpool
Liverpool v cannon fodder(Wolves) (just lost 1-5 to City at home)

Unless Southsmpton and Wolves can park the bus, battle like f*ck, and hold out as log as they both can, I can easily see a possible 10 goals for Liverpool in their last 2 games.

They could score 100 goals in those two games, if we get our win and a draw, will mean fuck all.

I am quite looking forward to a scenario where we beat West Ham by a goal or two, meaning that Liverpool need to win their last game of the season 5 or 6 nil whilst we lose. The fact that they would go into that game with a glimmer of hope which would casually bludgeon throughout the afternoon would be nice, a bit like Brighton a couple of years ago.
It’s the hope that kills you, la.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.