Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

pretty much every journo now confirming there is a release clause. Personally not bothered as 1)it’s more than 150 million 2) Every team had to agree to a release clause 3) im confident he will enjoy playing for city and therefore release clause will be irrelevant

Let’s see what he wants in 2 years, after he’s been banging them in for fun with the fans singing his name every home and away game.

pretty much every journo now confirming there is a release clause. Personally not bothered as 1)it’s more than 150 million 2) Every team had to agree to a release clause 3) im confident he will enjoy playing for city and therefore release clause will be irrelevant

The most important thing is that Raiola isn’t in the picture anymore and the player will only get more mature. Of course I am not celebrating the death of a guy who by all accounts was beloved by many, I am only rationally explaining that if anyone would make the most of this clause it would be him. And the player now will have more control over his career. It doesn’t take just a team willing to pay a clause, it also takes a player wanting to go, which he would not want while being successful here

It is weird how we haven’t signed or announced a contract being agreed with him yet but Simon stones has the inside scoop.

Even if he has a release clause we either make a huge profit or he stays . He doesn't have to go to any other club. Its protecting all parties.

The most important thing is that Raiola isn’t in the picture anymore and the player will only get more mature. Of course I am not celebrating the death of a guy who by all accounts was beloved by many, I am only rationally explaining that if anyone would make the most of this clause it would be him. And the player now will have more control over his career. It doesn’t take just a team willing to pay a clause, it also takes a player wanting to go, which he would not want while being successful here

But it means it's out of our hands. City aren't in control and we've probably got to put up with constant speculation like Dortmund did. It's a terrible look and I can't recall a release clause unless mandatory that has existed at one of the elite clubs. It's so easy for this situation to turn sour if this plays out like it did at Dortmund because we wouldn't stand for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.