Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it means it's out of our hands. City aren't in control and we've probably got to put up with constant speculation like Dortmund did. It's a terrible look and I can't recall a release clause unless mandatory that has existed at one of the elite clubs. It's so easy for this situation to turn sour if this plays out like it did at Dortmund because we wouldn't stand for it.
You’re talking as if there isn’t constant speculation about interest and bids from other clubs on our players literally the entire year. Any major club and major players attract this. We can also renegotiate a contract (including a year from now) with improved wages, more 12 months and exclude the clause. Again, Raiola isn’t in the picture, which frankly is where most of the leaks and media speculation would come from

You’re talking as if there isn’t constant speculation about interest and bids from other clubs on our players literally the entire year. Any major club and major players attract this. We can also renegotiate a contract (including a year from now) with improved wages, more 12 months and exclude the clause. Again, Raiola isn’t in the picture, which frankly is where most of the leaks and media speculation would come from

But like he said city are in control of those situations because none of our other players have a release clause.

You should all learn to live in the present instead of worrying what will happen in a few years. The facts are we have him for next season and he will be smashing in the goals.

He may fall in love with the club like Pep did and stay for years and years. And if he doesn’t and leaves then we get a shit load of money for him and we’ll find a suitable replacement.

But it means it's out of our hands. City aren't in control and we've probably got to put up with constant speculation like Dortmund did. It's a terrible look and I can't recall a release clause unless mandatory that has existed at one of the elite clubs. It's so easy for this situation to turn sour if this plays out like it did at Dortmund because we wouldn't stand for it.
Messi had a release clause to go on a free which he missed the trigger point for in 2020.

Honestly, does any other set of supporters do negativity like City supporters.

All a release clause does is set a transfer fee: City have shown very clearly that they will not keep players that want to leave if a good offer comes in. If there is a release clause and City sell, they look as though they will make the sort of profit they would have if they had paid full price for EBH. So, financially, its all good.

The player will only leave if he thinks he will be happier elsewhere, so let's all play our part in making sure he doesn't want to move by showing him the love when he is here.

If his release clause is over £200 million I’d make any club who wants him pay it in one go, let’s see how that pans out. The press are doing everything to make this look a bad transfer, fuck them all, he will stay longer than 5 years when he’s won multiple honours here and I reckon a few CL in that, the rags will shit the bed when we end up with more than them in the next 6 years.

There's always some speculation but the existence of a RC changes that because we're bypassed. I just don't see the need of a release clause - it's not something that should be done at an elite club. Unless renegotiated, it very well could turn sour because we're not conditioned to losing our best players.

There's always some speculation but the existence of a RC changes that because we're bypassed. I just don't see the need of a release clause - it's not something that should be done at an elite club. Unless renegotiated, it very well could turn sour because we're not conditioned to losing our best players.
His dead agent wanted the clause, it’s not hard to understand. Whoever people speculate want to pay a release clause will need to be a believable candidate — only PSG fits that bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.