West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

Well we couldn't even beat West Ham and it'll mean more to Villa to spoil it than it did to the Hammers today. We don't seem to have much bottle in this side.

“Couldn’t even beat West Ham”

You mean the team which had a free mid week, the team which are a European semi finalist, the team which beat Liverpool at home this season?

When you’ve got 3 of your 4 best defenders out it’s hard to go to places like this and rack up the wins.

Ive been on this forum for 16 years under various names ( Brighton Blue & Samharris) and that for me is one of the worst posts ive ever read.
Shame on you.
he was an amazing central midfield player and id argue the main reason the 17/18 team was able to play 5 attacking players and get 100 points.

but he should have been let go last season as he has been useless this year. he was rubbish at centre back 2 years ago and things have deteriorated. the other options of a youth player at centre back would have (only in my view of course) been a much better idea

the defence is on the back foot, full backs playing conservatively and they are not comfortable as a unit. we could well have conceded 4 or 5 today.

as to my respect and language this is an internet football forum for chrissake. put your nappies on.

I'll take a point over none given but it certainly feels like a loss because he missed that penalty. It would have been so nice going into the last game not even needing to win. I'm not going to lie, the way we played defensively in the first half gives me a very uneasy feeling going into the Villa game. I think we'll probably do it but I could do without the stress tbh.
Can you imagine having to live with SG’s Villa effectively winning the title for that lot! Doesn’t bear thinking about.

I thought West Ham were a bit embarrassing. 11 behind the ball in your last home game of the season.

Is it not the case you have such a superior side that we’re always going to be on the backfoot ?

Despite the stats, I thought we gave it a propar go, and looked to counter at any opportunity - 2nd half was an onslaught as we were desperately trying to hold on. But I’m proud of that performance.

Home to a desperate Burnley playing for their premiership lives who will be out to batter them from pillar to post so I suspect a very different line up for Villa to the one that will take the field on Sunday.

About time Southampton did us a favour however having taken 4 points from us this season.
If they put out a weak side I hope the other clubs in trouble kick up a fcuking stink

Well we couldn't even beat West Ham and it'll mean more to Villa to spoil it than it did to the Hammers today. We don't seem to have much bottle in this side.
Are you taking the piss with this? West Ham are playing for the Europa League places and it was their club legend's farewell game. Also, they are a much better side than Villa.

Positives - Good result with a patched up defence, away against a difficult team fighting for a place in Europe.

Negatives - The disgusting reaction of sadly what is a large number of idiots on here slagging off a team and manager that have given us the best days of our lives EVER following City, when things aren't quite going how they seem to think we have a god-given right to expect them to go.

Watching the team makes me proud to be a Blue. Listening to you lot makes me ashamed.
Please piss off with the "slagging off a team and manager that have given us the best days of our lives EVER following City," bollocks. It is a post-match thread, not a post-season thread or a thread about Pep in general.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.