West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

Are you mad. That game needed fresh legs at half time never mind at 2-2. Was the whole bench injured. Stupid to not make changes. Puts more pressure on the players that played today and will play villa.

Why not ring Pep ?

You clearly are much better than him and have much better strategy .

And for what it is worth, whilst you are entitled to your opinion, believing that you are aware of all the circumstances and have all the solutions, makes you sound immature.

By slip up you mean draw against Villa? I would much prefer a draw to be enough.

That’s presuming the scouse cunts win both their games, which they might not.

We are in the driving seat, not them, which is impossible to be upset about at this very late stage.

Had we been offered a 4 point lead with one game to go to win the title at the start of the season, I’d have bitten your hand off.

Ederson might suit City style of play because he is ball playing keeper, but he is not a reliable goalkeeper when it comes to shot stopping and eliminating threats from crosses. That is why we concede goals most of the times from the first chances.
In part, but don’t forget the defenders in front of him you are not much better!
Pep is obsessed with midfielders and I think he has stated on more than one occasion that he doesn’t coach teams to defend. You would never guess would you!

You can blame Mahrez all you want but the truth is we are not that great at penalties. Mahrez has missed them, KDB has missed them, Sterling has missed them, Gundogan has missed them. Mahrez is the designated penAlty taker at the moment. He just got unlucky today. It wasn’t really a poor penalty but I was a good save.
It’s a valid point & in all fairness Mahrez’s recent pen record for us has been good.

However, what baffles me is for all our wonderful, talented players why do they all struggle at pens.

For a perfectionist that is Pep I’m sure this must drive him mad behind closed doors.

I personally would lock all our allocated pen takers in a summer camp for a month & force them to practice pens in front of a small live crowd to recreate some sort of match day atmosphere. Practice makes perfect :-)

I just can’t understand, after everything that has happened before in big matches and penalties, was it given to Mahrez.
Great second half and we were just waiting for that moment once our second went in.. I think Pep will be seriously concerned about Mahrez bottle in the very crucial moments. I understand why he took it but the keeper was already going to his left so why didn’t he just roll out it down the middle or in the opposite corner? Exactly same situation as the scouse winning penalty yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.