West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

Peps ability too overthink things, alongside me being an old fart and having seen so many turning points in football, I fear that we are sleep walking into giving up a 15point lead , and the irony of us celebrating 10 years of 93:20 is haunting me. I'm worried that the numbness we felt on the morning after the RM game is gonna strike again next week and having followed the Blues for 50+ years that "good old City" feeling is gonna give us many more sleepless nights. We all remember when KK's Newcastle were 12 points clear and that didn't end well.
Let us hope Southampton can get summat on Tuesday so I can at least get some sleep before next Sunday.

CTID
The idiot on sky informed us it is all down to the final day next weekend. Not if Southampton win on Tuesday it isn't.

It’s a valid point & in all fairness Mahrez’s recent pen record for us has been good.

However, what baffles me is for all our wonderful, talented players why do they all struggle at pens.

For a perfectionist that is Pep I’m sure this must drive him mad behind closed doors.

I personally would lock all our allocated pen takers in a summer camp for a month & force them to practice pens in front of a small live crowd to recreate some sort of match day atmosphere. Practice makes perfect :-)
That would be kidnapping

Villa is quite similar to West Ham stylistically which worries me.
Villa have a tough home game against Burnley on Thursday night, this should help us considerably, reality is they have a couple of days recovery after a tough game against a team desperate for points. Most of us would have settled for this position at the start of the season. Let's see what Tuesday brings before we start flapping

Take the point considering half time. Mahrez again, though, costing us. I love the bloke, a real advocate for him and how important he is for us, but he’s let us down in big moments a few times recently. Right man for the penalty too - people will always point to Liverpool away in 2018 but he’s scored important penalties since then to warrant stepping up there.

Grealish was brilliant IMO.

We’ll still win it. I fancy Southampton…
I don’t fancy Southampton at all but do fancy us against Villa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.