Show of support before Aston Villa | Club update (Pg 13) - Pep wants this to happen

As I've said plenty of times before, I do genuinely appreciate 1894's efforts.

If the club organised plastic flags, it would be called "cheese" by everyone.

If 1894 organise plastic flags, it's somehow beyond the pale to not be 100% behind it? It's an odd one.

As I said in another post, it's possible to be appreciative of 1894's efforts, while also not being a fan of plastic flags etc. It's not a binary thing.

What are the club supposed to do? How else are they going to create a display and add colour and spectacle before the match?

TBH I'm not a fan of the farty plastic stick flags either. Especially the Wembley ones which are embarrassing and sh*t. I refuse to wave them.

I watched Roma play the other night. The Curva was full of plastic flags and 2 sticks of all sizes.

This isn't a picture from the match.

1652697973985.jpeg

At the 1981 FA Cup Final against Spurs, amongst the numerous home made banners and 2 sticks, there were plastic flags being waved.

1652698312970.jpeg

Link disabeled. But if you want to see the video, go here via Google.

68-C38-C0-E-4-FE5-45-DA-8-CFC-E7-C7-DE176-A53.png

Last edited:
Before the electric advertising boads were installed on L2, we had scenes like this at the Etihad. They don't directly improve the atmosphere as such, but they add colour and spectical to the Etihad.

View attachment 43384

View attachment 43385

The ship display which got almost unanimous approval from City fans wasn't cheap, took ages to arrange jointly with the club, and was an absolute ball-ache to carry across SSL1 due to the size and weight of it. As I carried the front pole I can testify to that. :-)

View attachment 43386

Even individual banners and flags like these hung and waved do make a difference.

View attachment 43389

Maybe Pep appreciates the banners he see's of himself hung from SSL2 and waved?(to follow)

A09-BA693-2536-41-AA-B800-D860-E032-DCB8.webp
Fantastic effort on all of those things mate, genuinely appreciate the effort and know you're all doing more than anyone to try to make things better.

Totally agree the fan made flags looked great on level 2, and it felt more like home.

The photos of all these displays look great, it makes for a great spectacle.

All I'm saying is, if someone's waving a little plastic flag, the likelihood is, they're not blaring out Blue Moon at the top of their lungs.

When I'm talking about atmosphere, I'm talking about noise. And I think if people are distracted by shite pop music, presenters, flags, tifo etc, they're less likely to be as loud as they can be.

My view is 5 minutes before kick off, if there was nothing organised - no pop music, no presenters, no balloons, tifo, whatever, the atmosphere on Sunday would take care of itself.

That's how that culture works though. Football clubs with huge budgets and paid employees doing displays vs fans putting in their own time, money, and effort and not getting paid for it? Surely you can see the difference?
I can definitely appreciate the time, money and effort more from a group of volunteers than if the club did it. 100%.

But my point is, if there's a plastic flag being waved by fans in the stand, it's going to have the same net impact on the atmosphere whether it was organised and paid for by the club, or by volunteers.

Before the electric advertising boads were installed on L2, we had scenes like this at the Etihad. They don't directly improve the atmosphere as such, but they add colour and spectical to the Etihad.

View attachment 43384

View attachment 43385

The ship display which got almost unanimous approval from City fans wasn't cheap, took ages to arrange jointly with the club, and was an absolute ball-ache to carry across SSL1 due to the size and weight of it. As I carried the front pole I can testify to that. :-)

View attachment 43386

Even individual banners and flags like these hung and waved do make a difference.

View attachment 43389

Maybe Pep appreciates the banners he see's of himself hung from SSL2 and waved?(to follow)

A09-BA693-2536-41-AA-B800-D860-E032-DCB8.webp
looking at that big ship banner ,should we not get a big viking ship banner with Erling at the helm for next season ?

What are the club supposed to do? How else are they going to create a display and add colour and a spectacle before the match?

TBH I'm not a fan of the farty plastic stick flags either. Especially the Wembley ones which are embarrassing and sh*t. I refuse to wave them.

I watched Roma play the other night. The Curva was full of plastic flags and 2 sticks of all size.

This isn't a picture from the match.

View attachment 43393

At the 1981 FA Cup Final against Spurs, amongst the numerous home made banners and 2 sticks, the were plastic flags being waved. Click on the link for the video of the City end.

View attachment 43394

Link disabeled. But if you want to see the video, go here via Google.

68-C38-C0-E-4-FE5-45-DA-8-CFC-E7-C7-DE176-A53.png
That's what I'm saying mate, personally I don't give a shit about the spectacle / display.

I've never come away from a game in my life saying "wasn't that a great display".

I appreciate you and others may take a different view, and you're totally entitled to that.

I've come away from plenty of games saying "wasn't that a great atmosphere" - but it was based on noise and singing and was organic and not organised by anyone.

Wouldn't surprise me if we saw Haaland and Sergio both here for this one?

Would certainly get the crowd going!
Surely there’s an official announcement on agreed terms before the kit release? Rumours he’s there Sunday makes me think he’s over early to do a bit of kit promo. Hope the shop have a massive order of A’s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.