It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Think we need to improve our recruitment, it hasnt been awful but could deffo be better

From the little I've seen of Cucurella he seems a pretty solid signing, if unspectacular but that's OK, not every player can be superstars and often the superstar signings fail

It's whether we've done proper scouting, and really REALLY identify that this guy can not only adapt but improve if he joins us

LB is a massive problem, and I'm struggling to see world class players out there who won't cost the earth...and as I said, the superstar signings don't always work out

Like I'd prefer us go for Theo or Guerreiro....but maybe they won't work out any better than this guy

Tell that to Klopp
Where does Liverpool have that many good options besides the front line?

Which mind you, are preparing for an exit. You can tell. Salah, Mane and Firmino all have 1 year left on their contracts. So the signings of Jota and most recently signing of Diaz is to replace 1 or 2 of them. They didnt even want Diaz in January. They wanted him in the summer window. They only had to re-jump on it because Spurs were basically beating them to punch and they didnt want to miss out on their main target.

Youll see one of Mane, Salah, Firmino gets sold. Otherwise they continue as is for 1 more season and 2-3 of them will leave on frees.

I have to be honest and admit that I'm going to be a little disappointed if we bring in Phillips, after there were rumors about De Jong and specially when/if Liverpool sign Tchouameni. De Jong can play 6 and 8, suits us perfectly, Barcelona have financial problems and they are probably interested in Sterling, Jesus or Mahrez. If that the case I much rather give Romeo Lavia a chance
The thing with Phillips is that we don’t need to compare him to the ones you mentioned. He is underwhelming even next to Bissouma…

Which mind you, are preparing for an exit. You can tell. Salah, Mane and Firmino all have 1 year left on their contracts. So the signings of Jota and most recently signing of Diaz is to replace 1 or 2 of them. They didnt even want Diaz in January. They wanted him in the summer window. They only had to re-jump on it because Spurs were basically beating them to punch and they didnt want to miss out on their main target.

Youll see one of Mane, Salah, Firmino gets sold. Otherwise they continue as is for 1 more season and 2-3 of them will leave on frees.
Tbf Konate looks a class act, him alongside VVD and Matip are top quality CB options

Also that back up left back looks handy, not Robertsons level but v. Good

Their midifeld is weak though...which is why them getting Tchouameni and/or Bellingham is terrible

I have to be honest and admit that I'm going to be a little disappointed if we bring in Phillips, after there were rumors about De Jong and specially when/if Liverpool sign Tchouameni. De Jong can play 6 and 8, suits us perfectly, Barcelona have financial problems and they are probably interested in Sterling, Jesus or Mahrez. If that the case I much rather give Romeo Lavia a chance
Ask yourself the following
1 why are Barca not arsed about him leaving?
Because he doesn’t perform in the big games - he is a nice neat player but overrated
2 - what big clubs are desperate to sign him?
United?? They are Shite
3 - why is the fee being muted less than Barca paid for him? because he hasn’t progressed

I was specifically thinking of Tchouameni and who they already have. Whereas here “we have Rodri” is a card that gets overused

Tbf Konate looks a class act, him alongside VVD and Matip are top quality CB options

Also that back up left back looks handy, not Robertsons level but v. Good

Their midifeld is weak though...which is why them getting Tchouameni and/or Bellingham is terrible
Yeah keita hasnt performed, Milner old, Jones overrated and Henderson is shite
Fabinho and Thiago are the only decent mids they have

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.