Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't say we spent more or less, I said they spent a shit tonne and that's a fact. You don't need to be good at maths to know that. Surely that's not hard for you to grasp, and in the past they've have also spent a shit tonne on absolute dross. Again, same as any other successful club
Again you're dancing around the point I'm making. All clubs make signings that don't work....that's football. I admire some of the lower amounts they spend on players in that £10-20mil bracket. Maybe you don't give a toss and would prefer to spend £40-60mil. I'd just like to see some shrewd business done for lower fees from time to time. Cucurella for £30 would fit the bill.

Again you're dancing around the point I'm making. All clubs make signings that don't work....that's football. I admire some of the lower amounts they spend on players in that £10-20mil bracket. Maybe you don't give a toss and would prefer to spend £40-60mil. I'd just like to see some shrewd business done for lower fees from time to time. Cucurella for £30 would fit the bill.
I wouldn't,I'd like to see us keep outspending every hypocrite club out there.

Calvin Bassey at Rangers always gets rave reviews. Came through the Leicester academy I believe. I don’t watch enough Scottish football to know if he is any good. Thought I’d throw him in anyway. The voting choices above read like a telephone book already. (For younger Mooners, a telephone book is where you went to find a number before the Internet).

Although it's wonderful to get a great player for a low fee, it's equally wonderful if you manage to get the right player for a higher fee.
The most important thing is to get the right player.
There are plenty of transfers for both high and low fees that end up being money wasted.
No guarantees either way but you would think that a more expensively rated player would be that for a reason.

Why are you ignoring the fees paid for Gundogan, Zinchenko and Delph? All £20m and under. All contributed greatly to our success. Alvarez looks like a bargain as well.

Last edited:
Not so much I'll take one over the other. I don't like either. And yes, I dislike Theo even more than I do Cucurella for a Pep team.

Has little to do with the individual players. I'll take Air Nouri who is apparently inferior to both guys 1000 times over both.

But if you really want to know, Theo Hernandez plays brainless football. And thrives on athletics.

We've seen his type before. I don't find them impressive.
You must be a fan of Zinchenko then.
Very intelligent footballer.

I, for one, am shocked we are after a Catalan born Barca product with excellent technical ability. Just doesn't fit our MO
The question is, how many years until he would go running back home?

It is true pal, we rarely rival them for transfers and their recruitment has been top. Undoubtedly they've spent a lot of money, we've just spent a lot more, that's factual.

Since pep and klopp have come over we've bought ten £50+mil players (including haaland) , they've bought three. You can't get too bogged down in transfer fees as at end of the day when city come knocking teams add 20/30% on to the fee. It's harder for us to get a good deal.

But f***ing hell both their left backs total £20mil. Whilst for £50mil ours played the role of team jester and is now locked up. I do admire their recruitment at times and there's definitely something to admire there.
Dias, laporte, rodri, walker, cancelo (was valued at over 50m with danilo included), grealish, mahrez - and that disaster of a left back - so with haaland included thats 9? Who is the 10th?
Allison, van dijk, keita, diaz all 50m plus with jotas also rising to £60m I believe... thats certainly not 3.
Fabinho, thiago, konate, salah, mane and oxlade chamberlain (!) all around the £40m mark is hardly shoestring.

Yes its fact we've spent more, we've also had more sustained success. To question citys signings at left back over liverpool's and rule that they've recruited better than city on the whole is nonsense, because despite not even having a left back at the club I'd still have cancelo there over robertson every day of the week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.