Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the whole defense is problematic, from the keeper to the center backs. Not a coincidence that the only time it plays as a solid unit we got to the champions league final. Injuries are a big part of it being worse this season for sure, but there isnt an easy fix besides like buying defenders mainly for their defensive ability
I think we really miss the Stones/Diaz combo not just for Ruben's organisation but also because these two are the best at coming out of defence and linking up play. It all seems to fall apart when they do not start. But the left side remains our weak spot and our rival teams know how to exploit it. Ederson seems to have been shaky in recent months perhaps it is because he doesnt have to face many shots. He was in a strange position for the second one today which was not that well struck by Bowen and he should have saved it.

Watched him live quite a few times this year, he’s not been as good as last season, that’s for sure
Irrespective of which season was better, for me he still had a very good one, so let’s respectfully disagree!

I think the club can get a bit obsessed over trying to find a ball playing inverted full back. I think we need to try and sign a left back version of Kyle Walker, if one exists.

On the right we currently have a ball playing inverted fb and a beast of a recovery full back. On the left our two options are basically midfield inverted fbs. If Walker is out, as he is now, it completely changes how we have to play but if we could unearth a pacey natural lb it would balance us out. You’d also think they’d be easier to find as it’s a bit more conventional.

Comfortable on the ball, fast, great passer of the ball, great at crossing, can tackle as well. Would fit in perfectly to Pep’s passing system.

Marc Cucurella.

04904445-609-A-4-E4-A-B4-B5-319-E9-D523-F3-C.webp

Zinch is a midfielder forced to play at LB.
Do midfielders not have to tackle, control the ball, head the ball, make simple passes or mark anyone ?
Worst player we have had in 15 years in any position.
Absolute dog shit. Wouldn't give him a kick around in Heaton Park.

Comfortable on the ball, fast, great passer of the ball, great at crossing, can tackle as well. Would fit in perfectly to Pep’s passing system.

Marc Cucurella.

04904445-609-A-4-E4-A-B4-B5-319-E9-D523-F3-C.webp
Good player but beyond the year of experience in England, I’d be asking what has changed since last summer when we could have picked him up for a pittance of what Brighton would wring from us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.