Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he stayed and was rotated up top and on the right he would get 40+ games over the season.

I really don’t see the point in signing Haaland and then letting his only true competition/backup leave the club.

Jesus is no more competition to Haaland than Lavia is to Rodri.

And Alvarez is the backup, you already know that.

This was last month after the Watford game.

He said: "From my beginnings I played in different attacking positions, but, yes, you ask me my preference, I am more used to being a nine and I like it more too. I have that versatility to play on the wings, but I prefer to be a nine."

And he was quoted in September saying he'd asked to play as a winger because that was his position.

“If you take my beginning as professional at Palmeiras, I played left-wing. At the academy too, national team, the Olympics. I played as a forward and moved to the front," Jesus began.​
"Then I was second striker [at Palmeiras]. Then I became a centre-forward. In the national team as well, things happened. That’s how I came here [City]. In my mind, I was always more of a winger than a forward."
"I think that with my qualities, I help more from the wing than from the centre. I’ve been playing like this for the national team since the Copa America."

This is the problem with Jesus, he can't make up his mind where he wants to play. He couldn't live up to the Aguero comparisons and got more and more crushed by the pressure until it got the point he couldn't play there and he had some good games out wide where the pressure was off him.

So then he declares he's a winger, he's always been a winger and he ends up 3rd or 4th choice RW because he's just not as good as Mahrez or Sterling. So he barely played for 4 months.

Then he decided he wanted to be a striker again, came back into the side as a striker and had a couple of good games, but he's just as likely to want to be a winger in 6 months after having a bad run of games trying to fill Haaland's boots.

I don't mind keeping him as a backup, but it would be better for him if just decided what he was going to be and went somewhere with a manager who'll play him there every week.

Last edited:
And he was quoted in August saying he'd asked to play as a winger because that was his position.

This is the problem with Jesus, he can't make up his mind where he wants to play. He couldn't live up to the Aguero comparisons and got more and more crushed by the pressure that he had some good games out wide where the pressure was off him.

But then players came back from their post-Euros break and he was 3rd or 4th choice RW because he's just not as good as Mahrez or Sterling. So he barely played for 4 months.

Then he decided he wanted to be a striker, came back into the side as a striker and had a couple of good games, but he's just as likely to want to be a winger in 6 months after having a bad run of games trying to fill Haaland's boots.
All the heart the least talent. Move is easy the best thing for him.

All the heart the least talent. Move is easy the best thing for him.

I don't think he lacks the talent, I think he just needs to grow up a bit.

He reminds me of Stones 3 years ago. Still acting like, and making the mistakes of a 20/21 year old without noticing he's 25 now and a seasoned pro. Stones was always playing passively and looking sorry for himself when he made a mistake and so does Jesus whenever he misses a chance you can see him getting angry with himself and carrying it around all game and he too often plays passively, avoiding chances as often as going for them.

I think Stones had a really hard year off the pitch and it toughened him up a lot and maybe made him realise he was stronger than he thought. I don't know what's going to make Jesus go through the same metamorphisis but he needs it ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.