Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will say not a bad deal if we get Cucurella under 45M GBP this summer. Most important - get the deal done ASAP and get him the pre-season. Don't want Kane style saga again and end up playing another year without a left back! Cucurella's Spanish background also guarantees a return value. He is young and we can sell him comfortably 20-30M to a La Liga team if things do not work out here.

Maybe we can loan them some kids to lower the price. If we have to loan some kids out, Brighton is the best choice. Good manager, decent club management, PL experience, similar philosophy, fish and chips. Much better than loaning to some rugby style Championship clubs.

I will say not a bad deal if we get Cucurella under 45M GBP this summer. Most important - get the deal done ASAP and get him the pre-season. Don't want Kane style saga again and end up playing another year without a left back! Cucurella's Spanish background also guarantees a return value. He is young and we can sell him comfortably 20-30M to a La Liga team if things do not work out here.

Maybe we can loan them some kids to lower the price. If we have to loan some kids out, Brighton is the best choice. Good manager, decent club management, PL experience, similar philosophy, fish and chips. Much better than loaning to some rugby style Championship clubs.
Don't worry... None of the transfers will push into august as there is no tournament this summer. Calma.

Ive been impressed with cucurella everytime I've seen him play but I don't get it. Cancelo and walker are our starting fullbacks and both will remain so next season, zinchenko is a very capable option at left back, ake is the most comfortable of our 4 centre backs out wide at left back, that's enough options there. Pep is unlikely to rotate walker much, he's simply too vital to stopping the counter to be doing that regularly so then for most games and certainly the big ones, we've got 3 players, potentially 4 looking for games in one position. It's one too many players to keep happy. We will end next season with at least 2 defenders looking to leave from lack of gametime if we sign a left back. Our defensive unit is the closest we can get to being perfectly balanced right now, an extra body to share the games with will tip us over the edge. We should be going for a young right back who's willing to learn his trade for a season or two before featuring regularly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.