Golf Thread

Talk us through it, how does that happen?
Par 5 , middle of fairway t shot. 2nd sliced into trees. Went for the dream recovery, hit a tree and went 40 yards back further in. Unplayable. Penalty drop. Chip out. Next into greenside bunker. Two shots to get out. Three putts. Easy.
Played again today in a social round . Tapped in for easy par.

Had a lesson last night with the new pro at Mellor . He was good , had me trying to shallow my downswing and stop cupping my wrist .. Find it really hard to do especially trying to stop the cupping

Anyone ever been up to Fife/ St Andrews area playing golf . 3 of us thinking of going next year .

Par 5 , middle of fairway t shot. 2nd sliced into trees. Went for the dream recovery, hit a tree and went 40 yards back further in. Unplayable. Penalty drop. Chip out. Next into greenside bunker. Two shots to get out. Three putts. Easy.
Played again today in a social round . Tapped in for easy par.
This sounds like every hole I've ever played, particularly the short ones at Heaton Park.

Had a lesson last night with the new pro at Mellor . He was good , had me trying to shallow my downswing and stop cupping my wrist .. Find it really hard to do especially trying to stop the cupping
It’s INCREDIBLY hard. The flat or bowed wrist when I get it right is huge for trajectory and distance. I really have to concentrate. I’m doing it well on my short irons (up through 8) but struggling to incorporate it in my longer clubs.

I was told to try putting a small plastic comb under the glove on the back of my hand, really difficult to hit a ball with but as a traing drill without a ball to get the feel it works.

Been a few times, cracking courses all around, but they're getting pricier.
St Andrews is a good town to stay in as well.
I’ve been recommended a nice hotel in St Andrews. The green fees are so pricey. Old. course is £270 which I can sort of understand but most of the surrounding courses are £100 and above. Me and my mate was thinking of treating another mate for his 60th to a round at the OC but he might be getting a sleeve of pro v1s instead.

I played St Andrews in the mid eighties and it cost £30. To this day I regard it as the worst course I've played. Apart from the signiture holes 1,17 and 18 the rest are like a moonscape. £270 pounds for a round is a complete piss take and is obviously set to fleece the rich Americans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.