2019 or 2022?

I dont enjoy the close run ins as they are happening, i actually find them really stressful. Pathetic i know.
But the feeling of aguerooooo, or the Komps goal or the gundo comeback is a feeling like NOTHING else in life.
So it makes the stress worth it in the end.
im still buzzing about the villa game.

when we won it by a million points it brings its own smug enjoyment but not the euphoric high.

im dreading the low of the year we dont ‘find a way’
On the MotD coverage of the QPR game the commentator says something like they have to endure the pain before they get the glory, Manchester City always seem to do things the hard way

I would be lying if I said I enjoyed either until after the final whistle was blown. Although the 20 mins at Brighton was a stroll.
2019 was easier to deal with the pressure of the run in because we had chased the lead down. 2022 was about us failing and the glory of the Dippers.
The thought of us giving up what looked like a huge lead and those fckers winning all four trophies nearly made me physically sick. Especially when we were 2 nil in both of the last two games.
I think the Dippers would have gone on to win the CL if they'd won the Prem.
I've looked up denouement and I'm still not sure I know what it means

Madrid were winning that final no matter what.

They’re just unstoppable in Europe. Hats off to them.

Madrid were winning that final no matter what.

They’re just unstoppable in Europe. Hats off to them.
Obviously there's no argument to that. I just think the Dippers looked knackered by half time in the final and part of that was due to how the Prem season had gone

The absolute stress of 2019 made the outcome so special. I couldn’t enjoy that 14 match winning run, because each win was followed immediately by worry about the next game. However, to win the League, at home, after being 2-0 down on 75 minutes has to take some beating.

Both great achievements and to be fair Liverpool were very good as well to keep us on our toes. For me 2019 was better for the reasons others have already stated.

All we need now is that 'lucky' touch in the CL.

2019 for me.
Glorious weather, seats right behind the goal and we were 2-1 up within a few minutes of going one down.
Once Mahrez got our third it was party time in the stands.
And we'd had that glorious run of victories to keep us a point ahead of Liverpool for the final three months.
2022 was also great, but the only reasons it could be considered better are that more blues saw the trophy clinched in the flesh, and it popped Liverpool's bubble at a time when the press were going overboard with the cock-sucking. The celebrations at full time were similar to 2012, but so were the stress levels.

The fact we disappointed the media both times makes them hard to seperate , the Dippers were considered the mentality monsters on both occasions but failed miserably to win either , if i was pushed to pick i would choose 2019 because we reeled the Dippers in around Xmas and never let them back into it , 2022 we blew an eight point lead (14 points if you believe the bullshit) and nearly cocked it up on the last day.
The Dippers might be the mentality monsters but they are second best to us , the mentality maestro's.

2019 was the better run-in for me but 2022 was the better final day climax. We were only in trouble very briefly in the Brighton game but we virtually needed snookers against Villa the other week!

Something that people aren't really taking account of, and which makes 2019 edge it over 2022 for me, is Vin's goal against Leicester. Could anything have reached a higher degree of perfection than that? With nobody wanting him to shoot, and him just saying, “Ah fuck it, I know what I'm doing, take this everybody”. And the fact that he knew that he was leaving just takes it to another level. As a single goal, it's not far off the Aguero moment for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.