2019 or 2022?

2019 run in was far more stressfull than 2022's. That weekend when they beat Newcastle on the Saturday, then we had to wait till Monday to play Leicester was bloody awful. Then the stress increased tenfold during the match until Kompany did his thing!

2019, without a doubt. Take away the manner of the win against Villa, and we weren't that brilliant in the last 10 or so games of this season (indeed, for 75 minutes we were poor against Villa). But we got the job done. 3 years ago, we were relentless and ruthless. And we played better in that run in than we did this time.

Chasing down and winning, including the Liverpool game in January, was much more fun. Having a lead chipped away at and surviving is satisfying in its own right, but it never really felt that knife edge for me at least until Coutinho scored his second. That five minutes only slightly topped by 99 and 12 for absolute madness and pure sporting pleasure for me. Both very special in their own way.

2019 was a far better achievement and imo a better City team.

The last game of the season was really good too but 2022 to do it at home, having been 2-0 down with 15 to go. The celebration in the stadium, with all the noise about the scousers, I dunno I just enjoyed the final day a lot more.

2019 run in was far more stressfull than 2022's. That weekend when they beat Newcastle on the Saturday, then we had to wait till Monday to play Leicester was bloody awful. Then the stress increased tenfold during the match until Kompany did his thing!
Don't forget that Burnley game as well. As tough a game as football as I've ever watched. Didn't enjoy a second of it.

In my opinion it is the best technical and tactical game of football ever played in English football. I still can't believe both teams came out and performed like they did and as bravely as they did. Just unreal.
It was an incredible game of football to witness. And what an atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.