Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
This season just gone where he has been mainly deployed on the left, yes. Season before that I felt he was wasted on the left and much better on the right. He’s still a right back and I think we will see him slot back in there if/when we get a natural LB.
For me Cancelo is a very good right back, but he is an outstanding left back, one of the best in the world, he has had one bad performance at left back, it is not just this season, i am not against signing Cucurella just against moving a player back into a position that is clearly not his best position.

Obviously we need a right back, Walker is not going to last forever, we need a back up but it does not have to be of the highest quality, it just needs to keep Walker on his toes, Spence has that ability.

Why would we sign a mediocre player when Walker is approaching the end of his career? We need an eventual replacement rather than a backup imo.

Cancelo has played better in the left back position , his problem has been his form drops off near the end of the season ,is that to do with stamina ,fitness or tiredness ?

Let’s see how you think at Xmas if we sign Cucurella.

Your memory might be jogged as to what a left back actually is.
Did you say that when we signed Mendy? it has been such a long time since we signed a left back ? i have no problems buying Cucurella he has a similar playing style to Zabba in the way he times his attack runs well.

Did you say that when we signed Mendy? it has been such a long time since we signed a left back ? i have no problems buying Cucurella he has a similar playing style to Zabba in the way he times his attack runs well.
Mendy got injured and never fulfilled his potential.

Having a proper left back will enhance the shape of the team.

If someone offered £50m fir Cancelo, I’d rip their hand off and buy a better defender.

Cancelo doesn’t often win us games. He excels in games we are winning anyway.

Why would we sign a mediocre player when Walker is approaching the end of his career? We need an eventual replacement rather than a backup imo.
Because the mediocre player is young, English, quick, comfortable on the ball, cheap, with cheap wages and has huge potential, a player of that ilk you get in, bed them in before your first choice is finished, it may or may not work out but it gives you time.

Mendy got injured and never fulfilled his potential.

Having a proper left back will enhance the shape of the team.

If someone offered £50m fir Cancelo, I’d rip their hand off and buy a better defender.

Cancelo doesn’t often win us games. He excels in games we are winning anyway.
Ha Ha so you think Mendy could defend? Hernandez and Davis widely regarded as the best in the world defend just as well as Cancello, though if your old school style defending Cucurella is not for you, as he is also better going forward.

Ha Ha so you think Mendy could defend? Hernandez and Davis widely regarded as the best in the world defend just as well as Cancello, though if your old school style defending Cucurella is not for you, as he is also better going forward.
Ok mate. I think Covid denial has fried your brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.