The Boxing thread

I’m happy as a pig in slop at that decision. It had the air of a routine defence for Bivol and it was a pretty uneventful fight but a huge sense of foreboding descended on me at the final bell as Canelo raised his arm and saluted the crowd. Thankfully the judges gave the right decision albeit by way too narrow a margin.

Fuck a rematch, Bivol v Beterbiev is the only fight to make. We never got to see Kovalev v Stevenson so to miss out on this too would be a tragedy for the LHW division.
Good job Bivol finished strong because it would have been a robbery

Bivol is a class fighter and deserved the win should of been bigger but the day and who he was fighting I was dreading the results being read out. I was so thinking they were going to rob him. A rematch will be the same result if it happens. Canelo has just moved up way too much in weight. You can pick the easy champions but when you pick a live 1 you get found out. I dont know whats best for Canelo the GGG fight makes money if he takes Bivol in the rematch which all honestly he doesnt deserve theres no case for it. Only case is Bivol gets bigger money next time. And if they do get it on then I just dont see GGG waiting for another year for this fight again. I think GGG retires by the end of this year. 1 last fight for him I hope.

Bivol is a class fighter and deserved the win should of been bigger but the day and who he was fighting I was dreading the results being read out. I was so thinking they were going to rob him. A rematch will be the same result if it happens. Canelo has just moved up way too much in weight. You can pick the easy champions but when you pick a live 1 you get found out. I dont know whats best for Canelo the GGG fight makes money if he takes Bivol in the rematch which all honestly he doesnt deserve theres no case for it. Only case is Bivol gets bigger money next time. And if they do get it on then I just dont see GGG waiting for another year for this fight again. I think GGG retires by the end of this year. 1 last fight for him I hope.
Triple g will want to unify and he division before he retires .

He may want to unify the division before he retires but hes 40 now. How much longer will he be able to keep the levels up to world standard. I love him brilliant fighter at peak GGG beats Canelo. GGG has been slowly showing signs of age in the ring. Yeah he can KO at any time but if it goes deep into the championship rounds now I just dont see him having it in him to get the W anymore. He will always be a great but even the greats need to know when to call it a day and sadly for me I think hes fighting on way too long now. A bit like BHop I wanted him to retire but he was constantly fighting in his 40s which isnt great to his health long term.

He may want to unify the division before he retires but hes 40 now. How much longer will he be able to keep the levels up to world standard. I love him brilliant fighter at peak GGG beats Canelo. GGG has been slowly showing signs of age in the ring. Yeah he can KO at any time but if it goes deep into the championship rounds now I just dont see him having it in him to get the W anymore. He will always be a great but even the greats need to know when to call it a day and sadly for me I think hes fighting on way too long now. A bit like BHop I wanted him to retire but he was constantly fighting in his 40s which isnt great to his health long term.
He only needs one fight to hoover up the ABC belts which could be Nov/Dec then retire.

Buatsi v Richards tonight, anybody watching?

Joshua Buatsi vs Craig Richards

Chantelle Cameron vs Victoria Moelia Bustos

Alen Babic vs Adam Balski

Robbie Davies Jr vs Javier Molina

Ellie Scotney vs Maria Cecilia Roman

Cheavon Clarke bt Pawel Martyniuk

Cyrus Pattinson bt Dimitri Trenei

John Hedges bt Robert Balturu

Shiloh Defreitas bt Iliyan Markov

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.