Stories of meeting City fans in unusual places

20 years ago I was outside the Hard Rock cafe in LA with a city shirt on. A guy came up to me and gave me comp tickets saying he liked to help fellow city fans out. Went straight to the front of the q. Given a private room and people came up to us to ask for autographs when we left as thought we were some sort of celebs. Oh and we didn't have to pay

I wouldn't call Galway exotic or unusual but I did nearly cause a bloke to crash his car after commenting on his City shirt when he stopped to ask me for directions. He drove off down the road beeping his horn and nearly swerved into a bus. Sorry if you're on here but it was a bit funny.

Can only speak well of the Galway supporters club. Despite not being Mancunian the persona is the same.....a bit mentally tapped after years of watching this team.

Another one from me...

In 2019, on a lads' trip to Germany, we went to watch Schalke v Union Berlin on the Friday night. At half time, I went for a pint and got talking to some Union fans who were in the home end. They were asking about me being from England and when I said I was a City fan, one of them told me his 11 year old son loved City and talked about them more than Union. I took the City badge off my coat and gave it to the chap to take home to his son. He was seriously choked by it and couldn't thank me enough for a simple gesture.

In Morocco on holiday walking to the local market in Agadir stopped to cross the road and a boy of about 11 years old stands next to Mrs Pabs and starts weighing her up , further inspection he’s got a city shirt on couldn’t help but piss my sides , gave him the thumbs up

The one I love is the City fan I, and hundreds of others met in Nice train station. We were all over for the Monaco game and had to get the train front Nice.
The scruffiest looking train guard was mithering everyone shaking hands, smiling and talking gibberish (OK French) in a fast unintelligible dialect. Suddenly he opened his uniformed coat to reveal a City shirt. Whilst all his colleagues carried on working he stood chatting (no one got a word in edgeways and we couldn'tView attachment 46487 understand him) and having his photo taken.
kin hell Johnny Depps looking a bit haggard

I was in Highgate Wood one Saturday queuing for an ice cream, and the guy behind me said to his young son "United are losing1" "Oooh," I said, "that's music to my ears"! He asked me where I was from, Manchester naturally, but he said he was from North London but was flying the City flag amid a sea of Arse fans.

And not quite a City fan, but traipsing down Las Rambla in Barcelona, I spotted some Dipepr shirts, walked up to the other end, and spotted an EFC fan. I said to him "Watch out there are some Dippers down t'other end!" "Yeah," he says, "but they're not Scouse!"

I went for a cardiac ablation two days ago. I met a fella called Dave from cheadle heath in the bed next to mine, only him and I on the ward. He too was a blue and 30 years my senior.

We got chatting and turns out he is the brother in law of a ex city player I’d never heard of called Colin Barratt. The stories were really interesting and especially the one about his meeting with Brian clough in leek when Nottingham forest wanted to purchase him from city. He went on to win the European cup and score against Liverpool. Unfortunately got injured in his mid twenties and forced to retire.

Brilliant to listen too and helped enormously with the waiting too be seen.

If your out there Dave, I hope all is well mate.

And thank you.

I was honeymoon in 1995 on Koh Samui in Thailand. My wife and I went for a walk in the centre of the island to a waterfall. A challenging walk in the Thai heat, up and up into the heart of the island where the waterfall was. We made it there and it was pretty unimpressive. We rest a while and then walked back down.
Half way down, I thought I could see a City shirt in the distance. As the figure it got closer, it was a City shirt. T
So in the middle of Koh Samui we stumbled across a City fan with his Swedish girlfriend. We had a chat about how bad City were at that time and went on our way.

I was in Barcelona in 2006 in a harbour front bar watching England play Paraguay in the world cup,
I shouted come on England and got a tap on the shoulder, you’re not from round here this guy says,
Naa Manchester , same ere he says, turns out both City fans
Had a real good chat and watched the game, told him me and the missus were there for her 40th,
After that he wouldn’t let me buy any drinks, don’t worry about it im buying for all these guys over there as well
They all work for me on a boat, there where 7 or 8 Phillipino / Asian guys,
I turn to the wife and say this guy must be loaded,
Oh cool which one is your boat I asked , oh its too big to get into this harbour we have to dock in the other harbour a bit further down, jesus he must be really loaded.
Long and short of it was it wasn’t his boat he was the manager of the boat and he was on a day out with all his staff.
Wouldn’t tell us whose boat it was even after a lot of beer and numerous probing questions, fair play to him
went to have a look the day after, bloody huge with a helicopter on the back,
Great day and cheap, guess it was all on his expenses, must have had 5 or 6 beers plus cocktails for the wife.
Also told me he was allowed to fly home to go and watch City when not needed all at the expense of the boat owner,
What a bloody good job that was, maybe he frequents this forum and remembers
Great time but the wife never lets it slip we were supposed to go for a nice meal that night as it was her 40th,
we were that pissed we only made it to burger king, Happy Days
This is the kind of story I was after. Cheers for posting.

I was honeymoon in 1995 on Koh Samui in Thailand. My wife and I went for a walk in the centre of the island to a waterfall. A challenging walk in the Thai heat, up and up into the heart of the island where the waterfall was. We made it there and it was pretty unimpressive. We rest a while and then walked back down.
Half way down, I thought I could see a City shirt in the distance. As the figure it got closer, it was a City shirt. T
So in the middle of Koh Samui we stumbled across a City fan with his Swedish girlfriend. We had a chat about how bad City were at that time and went on our way.
I like your vision - able to spot City stuff from far away. It must be a special gift us Blues have! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.