Stories of meeting City fans in unusual places

Not a meeting but 30 years ago when I was repping in South Yorkshire I always passed a chippy in Mexborough that had a City flag in an upstairs window,often wondered if it was a Bluemoon member…

At Disneyland Paris, our eldest was 7 at the time and was Buzz Lightyear crazy. The Disney procession went past and the kids all went to a barrier to get signatures from them all. Whilst still on the vehicle, Buzz Lightyear waved at me to get my attention. When I looked, he pointed to his chest to signify he’d spotted the badge on my shirt.

He got off, pulled the metal barrier aside and led my lad through for a photo with him. All the other kids looked on in envy.

My lad was on cloud 9. We took him to a souvenir shop and bought him a Buzz Lightyear costume and went and had a bite to eat. As we were leaving, the procession set off again. We followed it again and the same happened.

The missus was stunned and I was the hero of the hour (well, 2nd to Buzz).

On the viewing platform of the empire state building met a blue called Mark (might have been Mike) chatted to him for about 30mins.

Left Manchester to move to West Yorks in 2003. The house next door was for sale and empty for a while then one day there was a knock on the door. A family stood there, lads in City shirts, saying “we are your new neighbours”. It turned out his seat was the row behind mine and the same seat number in the same block and we could literally touch each other and chat at every game. We became mates and travelled to games including Europe together after that.

Another one from me. I went for a job interview in Norwich and the guy interviewing me asked me if I supported City or united. Obviously I told him I was a Blue and, with that, he got his wallet out and passed me his City season ticket. What was even more bizarre was he sat 10 rows in front of me in 102 (which we were in for our first few years at the Etihad.

We went to get a coffee from the vending machine, and there was another City fan there, so the three of us chatted City for a few minutes. When the interview finished, I walked out of the building and straight in front of me was a woman with a City hat on.
Hope you got the job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.