Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like McCoist but I don't really think he looked in to this one. Keita for north of £50 million is shite business and whatever they paid for Minamino was too much. When the hype dies down about Garcia they'll realise they wasted money there too
There's a full list here https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-liverpool/alletransfers/verein/31

Surprisingly, when Klopp wasn't spending £40-85m on players they were on the whole a bit crap. Robertson is the only real standout bargain.

Danny Murphy desperately trying to convince Alan Brazil that Haaland will spoil City’s superb midfield attack & passing play. Brazil having none of it - saying a Phil & KDB will find him a joy to play with.

Dippers meanwhile have signed a future megastar who will slot in perfectly:)
Murphy has a point but Pep will be aware of that danger. Remember, Pep altered Sergio’s game for similar reasons.

Unbelievable - but as a previous poster pointed out - it’s probably to get people to phone in!! No other plausible reason because it’s all supposition &!bollocks
Just last summer another player left Dortmund for the NW of england for a large fee and was hailed as a great exciting signing. He has since lost his place in the England squad, but Ive not seen too much about his decline.

Daily Telegraph…..

• City land top target Haaland with £100m salary package
  • Liverpool wait on medical to confirm £64m deal for Nunez
At the moment. Liverpool fans I've spoken to have them both equal
When pushed, they reluctantly concede Haaland is a little bit better. But Nunez has room to improve.

Unbelievable - but as a previous poster pointed out - it’s probably to get people to phone in!! No other plausible reason because it’s all supposition &!bollocks

It isn't to get people to phone in, it's to wind people up so much that they then talk about it, share clips etc across social media. Thus giving them free advertising, so that more people tune it and get wound up and on and on it goes.

Talksport 2 this morning with some Scottish woman and a Chelsea no nothing.

Nunez to score more goals.
Nunez to be more of a success.
Haaland to escape to Madrid after 3 years.
The best one might be Haaland to struggle as he's "not good enough of a footballer".

Honestly at this point its embarassing.

Why would Madrid consider such a flop?

That would encourage timewasting surely? Team taking throw in gets penalised. Player "rolls" the ball back a few yard for the opposition to fetch.

Wenger being a busy ****.
A kick in will take some of the advantage away from the team taking it. At least with a throw in you can throw the ball over an opponents head into space. Not so easy when you have loads of players around the kicker near the touchline

It’s a shit idea

The DT this morning has an article where Arsene is proposing to ditch throw-ins and have kick-ins. There's also talk of ditching the 45 mins and having 30 with a clock counting down. If the latter is the case it's pretty clear we've only been getting an hour of ball in play. Haven't we known that for decades?

He also suggests that throw-ins are a time-waster and he's concerned that patience is limited among the younger generation. No, Arsene, I have no patience at all for a fucking whistling wanker who ignores the written laws of the game, and I've been watching football longer than he has- although whenever he was asked about a certain incident involving an Arse offence he never saw it, so he couldn't have seen much football when he was in charge of Islington. Football has always had an opportunity to deal with time wasters - it's called 'a referee'! My experience has been that refs have ignored time wasting unless the goalie is called Ederson and for other goalies a sanction on 87mins. What does he think will happen with kick-ins? We'll have a repeat of every goalkeepers goal kick performance but from the touch line.

No word about sanctioning timewasting goalkeepers spending thirty seconds on every goalkick.
Kick ins instead of throw ins was trialed several years ago in non league and was quickly abandoned as useless because it was often a disadvantage for teams that would have benefited from a quick throw in and the time wasting/time lost as you mention.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.