Russian invasion of Ukraine

Men in the separatist Oblasts of Luhansk and Donetsk are being conscripted without warning (press ganged is more the word I worid use) and being given a Kalashnikof with no training and being used as artilary spotters without body armour etc.
They approach Ukrainian lines of control, get shot and drones identify where the shooters are and start shelling the Ukrainian shooter posiitions. Life expectancy for these spotters = minutes.
I wonder if they think that even considering supporting breaking away to be Russian was a really bad idea.
They are apparently being drugged.
I don't think it's going as well for Russia in the Donbas,as they make out.
Some Russian battalions which usually comprise of 6-800 soldiers,are struggling in groups with as little as 30.
Ironically,Russia are apparently ready to resume peace talks.
Fuck em I say.....CRACK ON UKRAINE.

Some Russian battalions which usually comprise of 6-800 soldiers,are struggling in groups with as little as 30.
The latter point would tie in nicely with the 3 stooges visiting Ukraine today.

Last edited:
When push comes to shove the EU are irrelevant in this. It's only the individual states that can make a difference and unfortunately too many are not doing enough. We hear lots of leaders pledging their full support for Ukraine whilst at the same time not doing all they can to wean themselves off Russian fossil fuels. We also see them committing to provide military support but it's often in the future and it's nearly always pitiful amounts. Seems it's only the Americans who are actually providing billions of pounds worth of weapons. It's a few millions here and there for most with ourselves doing better than most but way behind the US. The other big problem is that China and India don't really give a fuck and are taking advantage of any Russian spare fossil fuel capacity with the Indians buying it and selling it on, and the Chinese taking advantage of the drop in prices.

Can’t disagree with any of that, good post. I’d only add by saying I’m not sure the EU sees itself as irrelevant here and therein lay the problem, the EU wants to be “more” to do more. At some point the EU needs to ask the question can we be that “more”. The arguments for enlargement of the EU remit are compelling against a backdrop of Russian aggression, the arguments for not doing so will surely result in louder nationalistic voices. It’s horseshit politics as we can pay testimony to. Maybe I’ve got it all wrong they’ll just keep dancing around this particular elephant in the room.

Note: if russia is offering you a peace talk things in the battle field are not going according to plan

Even though it’s the member states buying gas rather than the EU it stretches credibility to think that this strategy wasn’t agreed (however reluctantly) behind closed doors with the primary member states so the EU could make a defiant gesture about Russian fuel. I’ve no doubt such an agreement frustrated the EU leadership and that they would like to do much more but when you’ve got the 3 stooges of Germany, France, and Italy pushing their own interests - not without reason and I suppose they’ll argue that morals don’t heat homes. The upshot is the EU continue to be shown to be a bit impotent.

I have nothing but sympathy for the EU here, the way EU leadership tried to lead at the outset was truly commendable - it really felt like the EU had suddenly matured into something special. But the same headwinds reared their ugly head and it turned back in to the UN “light” where policy is diluted to the lowest common denominator. This feels like a watershed moment for the EU, they need to push for greater power for autonomous foreign policy or I think they lose their way in the medium term on the international stage where the US will see them as an unreliable partner.
Britain still paid Russia for debts during the Crimean War whilst on opposite sides, as well as still buying oil from Russia now.

Men in the separatist Oblasts of Luhansk and Donetsk are being conscripted without warning (press ganged is more the word I worid use) and being given a Kalashnikof with no training and being used as artilary spotters without body armour etc.
They approach Ukrainian lines of control, get shot and drones identify where the shooters are and start shelling the Ukrainian shooter posiitions. Life expectancy for these spotters = minutes.
I wonder if they think that even considering supporting breaking away to be Russian was a really bad idea.
That is barbaric but akin to the film I mentioned earlier, Enemy at the Gates. 'Pick up the rifle of the dead soldier in front of you and keep going' (cos if you don't I will shoot you)

That is barbaric but akin to the film I mentioned earlier, Enemy at the Gates. 'Pick up the rifle of the dead soldier in front of you and keep going' (cos if you don't I will shoot you)
Life seems very cheap in certain parts of the world, no wonder the Russia mafia seem to be feared apart from when John Wick is about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.