3 Months to lose the belly …

BlueHammer85

I have a beer belly - too much booze and junk food post lockdown, not enough exercise and now paying the price, half my clothes are a squeeze!

So after my 2 week holiday coming up

I’m going to quit the booze, eat healthy and exercise daily - any other good tips ?

I have a beer belly - too much booze and junk food post lockdown, not enough exercise and now paying the price, half my clothes are a squeeze!

I’m going to quit the booze, eat healthy and exercise daily - any other good tips ?
intermittent fasting - 5:2.

I know it obvious but keep doing that or you will have a belly for the rest of your days

I've lost 3.5 stone since the start of 2021 through walking, swimming and running. It's hard to lose fat uniformly across your body in that I've lost most of it around my face, neck & shoulders, and whilst my belly has shrunk a bit, it's definitely still there.
I think it's more important you feel fit & are able to achieve fitness goals you never thought possible rather than obsessing too much about how your body looks.

Last edited:
I lost about 12 kg a couple of years ago.

Honestly *all* diets boil down to calorie defecit, so you need to maintain that.

It’s a bit tedious but try and keep to about 1800 net calories per day. Use an app like MyFitnessPal to track what you’re eating. Obviously if you’re doing exercise you can eat more - so track your exercise too.

At the time I cut down booze to one day a week which helped massively. Also try and avoid high fat calorie dense foods like chocolate and cheese.

Switching out rice and pasta for quinoa helped me, it’s a lot more filling.

Weird points systems like slimming world etc are just designed to confuse people and lock them in. You don’t need any of that shit.

Good luck mate.

It's a fairly simple equation: The cake hole is bigger than the arsehole.

I'm burning 500 calories a day commuting to work by bike. I rarely drink alcohol these days and I'm trying to cut down on processed foods and eat healthier (more fruit, veg and whole-grains - less trans-fats and refined sugars).

Carefully measure what you eat and track it on an app. It's one thing eating healthily but you can still eat too much healthy food. To lose weight steadily you need to eat no more than 1600 calories a day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.