3 Months to lose the belly …

Not true I am afraid. As a cyclist, racing amateur, I tracked my HR for years. You are correct that you start with 220 minus your age and then you take 60 - 80% of that BUT this is only a guide and everyone is different. I used to go on. Kings cycle to find out my max. Not recommended nowadays.
I know everyone is different, but it was just a general guide. I'm topping out at around 183 these days, and I get close to that most days on my cycle to work as I'm nearing the top of the hill. Most of my journey I'm sitting somewhere in the middle of my cardio zone.

The key is not to look at it as you going on a diet. That’s just a waste of time. If you don’t want to look like a fat guy then it’s a new lifestyle. Not a diet. You cut out the shit food and reduce your booze intake, get off your arse and walk a reasonable distance or swim or whatever exercise you choose and that’s you for the future.

It’s not easy losing weight, I’ve said it before when I gave up fags and got straight on the pies it was easy to put four stone on. Not as easy to get it off and I still need to watch as I am a greedy ****, but it can be done. Don’t wait until after your holiday either, that’s just another way of putting it off. Start today.

Good luck you fat ****. ;)
There's a lot in that.

I generally try to 'eat better' in the lead up to Christmas as it feels like I am stealing a march on everyone who then starts a diet I. January etc.

Completely agree on the lifestyle 'change', eating well, drinking less and exercising more will make you feel and look better regardless of your weight.............

Reactions: ob
I’ve lost 23 pounds in 3 months. Cycling most days albeit on a static bike. Recently drastically reduced carbs in the last couple of weeks and absolutely no snacking . Last week I lost 5lb (from 176 to 171)

I have a beer belly - too much booze and junk food post lockdown, not enough exercise and now paying the price, half my clothes are a squeeze!

So after my 2 week holiday coming up

I’m going to quit the booze, eat healthy and exercise daily - any other good tips ?
It might be stating the bleedin' obvious but the real challenge will come once you've achieved your goal. For what it's worth, my advice would be not to continue depriving yourself of what makes life so enjoyable at that point but to consider the occasional beer or unhealthy meal as a treat. Better still, set yourself further goals - be they work or exercise related - and use such treats to reward yourself. Most importantly, don't beat yourself up if you overindulge one in a while. After all, life is to be enjoyed.

I have a beer belly - too much booze and junk food post lockdown, not enough exercise and now paying the price, half my clothes are a squeeze!

So after my 2 week holiday coming up

I’m going to quit the booze, eat healthy and exercise daily - any other good tips ?
Train for a 10k/half marathon

You'll be amazed how eating less, and cutting out the sugar and fast/processed foods will help. It isn't rocket science. Even Southgate would be able to understand that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.