Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

From an environmental point of view building a new stadium and knocking something that was built originally 21 years ago is madness and more importantly not cost effective. It’s demonstrated that this stadium can be expanded, we have a nice ground sometimes people take that for granted. There’s not really a bad view unless you are sat on the front few rows and we don’t have the leg room issues you get where they cram them in at the swamp.The hospitality is up there with everywhere else in the premier league, the Tunnel club looks like you are walking into a five star hotel not a football ground.
I don't think we could knock it down, maybe fill in the bottom tier and convert it back too an athletics stadium and rebuilding on the athletics track or Asda, I agree about the quality it is just expansion costs in the future, as well as shut down period during expansion, which maybe an issue.

I don't think we could knock it down, maybe fill in the bottom tier and convert it back too an athletics stadium and rebuilding on the athletics track or Asda, I agree about the quality it is just expansion costs in the future, as well as shut down period during expansion, which maybe an issue.
Don't see why we'd need to shut to expand, we didn't for the South stand, The North would be the same, then any extension to the sides and corners could be done with the roof in place and remove the old roof when it's done.

They could use it as the women’s stadium as well as athletics. It would be a nice 30k venue.

If we build a new 75k stadium elsewhere on campus, move into that, then let the rags use the old one while they rebuild theirs, before reverting it back as per your suggestion, everyone’s a winner. That’s a five to seven year timeline.

They could use it as the women’s stadium as well as athletics. It would be a nice 30k venue.

If we build a new 75k stadium elsewhere on campus, move into that, then let the rags use the old one while they rebuild theirs, before reverting it back as per your suggestion, everyone’s a winner. That’s a five to seven year timeline.
The temp north stand came out to near where the club shop when there was a running track, I don't think they could put a 400m track back in it.

Don't see why we'd need to shut to expand, we didn't for the South stand, The North would be the same, then any extension to the sides and corners could be done with the roof in place and remove the old roof when it's done.
Because the supports for the Cablenet on the sides is more complex and the height and distance out of the supports would be difficult to work around 1655811139730.png
Looks almost twice the height of the end supports
Im not saying its impossible but the cost would be prohibitive
The South Stand extension was over £100M for 5k seats The whole stadium structure cost £110M

I have it on very good authority that a major contractor was asked to mock up the North Stand extension a few years back. So doesn’t sound like the club are considering a new-build but could just be contingency planning.

I have it on very good authority that a major contractor was asked to mock up the North Stand extension a few years back. So doesn’t sound like the club are considering a new-build but could just be contingency planning.

The plans were shown to supporters at some fan groups when they did they survey in 2018. It was of a large 2nd tier with the current lower tier still in place.

A single tier is possible if it is built at the exact same angle as the south stand third tier. This would mean the cable net would not be a problem as it would come through the top of the stand.

Look at the below image and imagine that third tier going all the way down to pitch level. That’s how it would be designed.

510307A5-3D00-47C2-84B8-295F2E9590BC.jpeg

I mean, it's possible. If you look at the black line, you'd create a whole load of limited / no visibility seats at the junctions with East/West. Contrast the end at Spurs where the rake is shallower than the two adjoining stands. I suppose you could alter the corner sections to make it meet up flush but then that's another 8 blocks out of commission for a year while you also rebuild North L1&2.

Mind you if the plan really is to replace the existing roof rather than just refurb the panels then all bets are off, no idea how you do that without a lengthy stadium closure so you might as well do whatever else you can during that time.

Because the supports for the Cablenet on the sides is more complex and the height and distance out of the supports would be difficult to work around View attachment 47547
Looks almost twice the height of the end supports
Im not saying its impossible but the cost would be prohibitive
The South Stand extension was over £100M for 5k seats The whole stadium structure cost £110M
We need to be over 60,000 to hold a european champions league final.

What would that be worth to the club and to manchester as a city ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.