Stupid little things that bug you

Surprising for someone as rich as you.
Football commentators who put their own 'slant' on how to pronounce players surnames.
There's loads of em doing it but just watching some City tv(need the season to start) and they're at it on there.
Makatty?
WTF?
It's Mac a tee,James McAtee you stupid ****.
Another mispronunciation is the appalling "Jow" for "Joao" (Cancelo, Moutinho, etc).
It us the Portuguese equivalent of the Spanish "Juan", and similarly has two syllables. = Zhu-A(n), pronounced nasally.
It's discourteous not to try to say a foreign person's name correctly.

People asking ‘what you on?’ As in what you are having for dinner at work. Fuck off, none of your business. Nosy c##t

People who patronise me as a senior citizen. I have got used to young folk offering me a seat on a Metrolink, but the other day I was in one place being attended to and a bloke sitting nearby, no spring chicken himself, said "Do you know tour shoelace is undone?"
I said "Yes" (thinking mind yer own business) and he replied "Do you want me to tie it for you?"
I thought "God, do I look that decrepit?"

And only a couple of weeks ago I was putting a medium-sized suitcase on the overhead luggage rack, no bother at all, when a smart-arse sprang up from a nearby seat and virtually wrestled it out of my hands and put it up there himself. I thought "Patronising bastard!" I suppose he was trying to help, but I don't want offers of help when I don't need them, thank you very much.

Does anyone else have this to put up with, or is it just me? It really pisses me off.
Re offering a seat. I did that and the young woman said I needed it more than her.

Potatoes

I am sure when I was a kid potatoes would last for ages before going off. Nowadays you are lucky to 4 or 5 days before they start going off.
We’d get a huge sack of spuds delivered back in the seventies, can’t remember the weight, 50lb maybe. Was probably just a week’s worth though in our house. Hardly eat them now.

New potatoes don’t taste the same anymore either.

Gilets.
Grown men in baseball caps.
No show socks when wearing trousers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.