Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately for him most of his few chances haven’t been taken by him.

This season he should step up a bit but Palmer is miles ahead right now.
We can’t be harsh on McAtee. He plays with an attacking intensity that can, in places, be put down to immaturity when it goes wrong. He’s absolute fucking quality - just needs to learn when to slow things down. Same thing we’ve heard Pep say about Foden at times.

McAtee will get there - I think he’s too good not to. He just needs to be calmer on the ball. And for that reason I don’t think he’ll be fully trusted yet but should see the pitch more this coming season.

Palmer and McAtee are absolutely nowhere near the level of Jesus and Sterling.
Have to disagree where Palmer is concerned. I think he’s ready to smash it at our level, honestly. Should be in the squad every week ready to step up at RW to the standard we expect from the senior boys.

I actually think he would’ve been there last season if it wasn’t for injury.

He’s not a Foden-level talent in that we should expect him to be one of the world’s very very best by age 23, but he’s fucking good.

Is it just me ?

Both Raheem and Gabby have given me some of my best times watching us..
It's not just about winning stuff but all of us being a collective part of our club..

I understand players come and go but these 2 have given their all for City and I'm a bit sad that they appear to be moving on..

I wish them both all the best if they do leave us..!

Is it just me ?

It's not just about winning stuff but all of us being a collective part of our club..

I understand players come and go but these 2 have given their all for City and I'm a bit sad that they appear to be moving on..

Not just you mate. I sometimes still find myself torn between the 90s / 00s era of support (just giving 110% for the badge is enough) and the modern expectations of both be world class AND give 110%.

Jesus is, unfortunately, the former of the two. Same for the Sterling of the last two years. Both still give their everything which usually would be enough and still earns my support for them, but ultimately they aren’t good enough for a club aiming to do the first ever quadruple.

Horrid, and shouldn’t be mistaken for entitlement, but true.

Is it just me ?

It’s a strange one.

Since we started building our current winning teams back in 2008, we’ve tended not to lose any of our key players in their prime.

We keep them in our team til their careers are more or less done, and maybe have one last move in them - so as fans, we’re ready to say goodbye.

Clearly both Gabby at 25 and Raz at 27 both have a good chunk of their careers ahead of them - and are leaving us for PL rivals - so this is a very different situation for us.

To watch two players who’ve been integral to us winning 4 PL titles plus a load of cups along the way spending years at a rival is a new one for us, and it will take some adjustment to get our heads around seeing them playing for Arsenal and Chelsea given their place in our recent history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.