Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s get one thing straight. Raz is a very very good player and has done great for us.
However, I think him leaving will be the best for both parties.
Brings hell of a lot to the table. Never gives up or hides if having bad game, but in a Pep side you need to have an exceptional touch and rarely lose the ball. He is a bit weak in that area.
It just feels like the right time for him to leave and get some money in.
If he stays and signs a contract then I’m happy with that too.
Kind of 50/50 with it.
Tend to agree with this.

Bowen is average at best. Kept him quiet at the Etihad and despite scoring two in the return fixture didn't look much better then.
Tbf you should never use "played bad against us" as a metric for a players quality.

We make many great players look average when we frustrate teams.

Tbf you should never use "played bad against us" as a metric for a players quality.

We make many great players look average when we frustrate teams.
Bowen is quick but not an outstanding player at all. We can do a lot better.

If Sterling is pushing for leaving, let's bring the potential buyer with cash. We need important money to sell him, but right now I don't see anyone on the horizon who could be willing to sign him, mostly because of his wages. Palmer and Kayky LOL, be serious, we need a new direct and speedy winger if Sterling would leave the club. It's an obligation.

Missing point. It is a backwards step, I don't believe he will push on enough to be worth the cost. If we was going to do it would have likely happened by now.

£45-60 Million when we could get better value from a younger player with better technical ability and more potential.

We don't need to make these kind of signings, it is a "Wilf Bony move".

We might as well play Palmer or Kayky instead of wasting money on him.

I find that part a little weird, as he's literally just hit 12 goals and 10 assists in the Prem, becoming the first West Ham player to do so since Di Canio and winning their PotS award. Obviously he has "pushed on" a fair old bit since his first half-season in the Prem when he scored one goal.

I don't disagree with you in general. I'm not at all saying that Bowen is right for us and I don't think he'd be a realistic target at all, for multiple reasons. I just don't think it's fair to say he hasn't pushed on and improved when he was easily one of the better wingers in the league this season and finished one behind Kev in goals + assists.

Has anything been said about Raz actually wanting to move abroad ( I've seen it inferred)and if so which country? Its difficult to assess his real character from afar, but he seems quiet and unassuming, rarely showing real emotion on the pitch. Maybe City are just another club or he loves it here - I can't tell.
If he did fancy a move abroad, maybe a big club in Italy would fit the bill!
That said, if Pep wants to keep him, I'm ok with that (just in case he was wondering)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.