Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly. I imagine a footballer may have their contract paid up if they're sold by the club or, alternatively, forego any outstanding payments if they ask for a transfer.....which is probably why players are reluctant to put in a transfer request. Football agents are far smarter than I am so there'll be all sorts of contract clauses designed to benefit both the star and the agent. The club will push for similar clauses to suit the club. The final contract will be a compromise. I think my initial point stands though......a higher fee doesn't necessarily mean a better deal.
I think sometimes players might be paid the difference between what they are going to get and what they are getting so they are not loosing out if the club basically hates them now possible example is Mangala but generally they end up up getting more money or want to move for other reasons in fact I think someone once said they have to be offered more

No way tho do I imagine they get the contract paid up if you had a player on a three year deal worth 5 million a year and sold him and he got a 5 year deal on 5 million they would mean he would get 15 million up front and 25 million over 5 years at and 5 million a year is on the low end for top player

I thought Jesus was going to be the next best number 9 that Brazil has had, during his first few games he seemed un-droppable. But injuries really hampered his seasons, when he gets a head of steam, he gets injured (even this season when he started on the right wing and was amazing). Still, i think he'll do well at Arsenal and his skills with the ball and criminally underrated.
This.

Bizarre comment from Merson on Jesus ""People say he misses chances but everybody misses chances. The name of the game is when you miss a chance, you're not scared to get back into the box and miss another one, and he's definitely one of those players."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.