Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rewatched the Premier League Years 2013-14 on Sky Sports. I'm kind of scratching my head a bit. Did we lose the title to Liverpool that season?

We hardly even feature in the programme. It is quite ridiculous!
I'm with you on that one Heath .When we did feature , they showed every single one of our (six) defeats .

I'm with you on that one Heath .When we did feature , they showed every single one of our (six) defeats .
Lots of coverage of the Suarez and Sterling show funny enough...

It did make me chuckle when the commentator said "we will remember Suarez's name for the decades to come!" Correct, but only because of the biting, handballs etc...

Yep, McGeehan has built an entire career on it
It is all very strange. Harris seems fixated on City's Etihad deal. At the conference he described it as "the world's biggest sports naming rights deal (for a stadium). But that is a total distortion. City's original deal was £350m for ten years (since increased) for the stadium, shirt, campus, even a tram station! That was less than United's shirt only deal with Chevrolet (£64m a year). Even bigger was the Arsenal Emirates Deal at £400m for ten years plus a £10 payment each year from Rwanda on top. All these wild claims unravel very quickly when you check them.
To be fair to McGeehan he doesn't direct his entire focus on City.

I only watched the bit about City. It seemed like a very turgid conference. What is interesting though is how many people there seemed to be from universities and publically-funded quangos. The conference seems to be part of a very lucrative gravy train. Slagging City and PSG off (and now Newcastle) is a nice meal ticket for some people.
Yeah, the illusion of respectability and academic rigour on show …

Just rewatched the Premier League Years 2013-14 on Sky Sports. I'm kind of scratching my head a bit. Did we lose the title to Liverpool that season?

We hardly even feature in the programme. It is quite ridiculous!

I have stopped watch these programs of each season. I thought the winners would be shown more.

Just watched the villa game again. I noticed that Tyler 23 has been deleted.

There was a whole section slagging off City at about 18 minutes in on the video below called "Billionaires and Breakaways" Just the usual incoherent rant including the nonsense about Roberto Mancini's totally above board consultancy fee paid to him by Sheikh Mansour well before he even started working for City and before FFP was even operating!

So a bunch of so-called journalists, some of whom are undoubtedly in the pockets of countries or other groups, are preaching about transparency and democracy? Fuck me. Did they touch on irony and hypocrisy by any chance?

Only needed Conn and Delaney for the full set.

It is all very strange. Harris seems fixated on City's Etihad deal. At the conference he described it as "the world's biggest sports naming rights deal (for a stadium). But that is a total distortion. City's original deal was £350m for ten years (since increased) for the stadium, shirt, campus, even a tram station! That was less than United's shirt only deal with Chevrolet (£64m a year). Even bigger was the Arsenal Emirates Deal at £400m for ten years plus a £10 payment each year from Rwanda on top. All these wild claims unravel very quickly when you check them.
To be fair to McGeehan he doesn't direct his entire focus on City.

Does the Arsenal Rwanda deal include shipping some of the refugees back that Patel is hoping to traffic in the other direction? It’s a very odd sponsorship deal!

Does the Arsenal Rwanda deal include shipping some of the refugees back that Patel is hoping to traffic in the other direction? It’s a very odd sponsorship deal!
Every asylum seeker apprehended is given a free Arsenal shirt…so they know where they’ll be visiting next

That’s about 3-1 but I’d suggest the bookies aren’t that stupid.

Silly report that nobody should be listening to.
Yep, and 71%, given the same criteria is an expectation the Dippers would win the League seven times out of 10 attempts so they’re effectively pricing them at 1/7.

The real odds are around 4/7 City, 63% and 2/1 Dippers, 33% (bearing in mind the whole market for bookmakers doesn’t add up to 100% as they have an inbuilt profit overound).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.