It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Plan is a success so no complaints here. I would rather we not drop silly points this early on and that is why I advocate Ake as lb.
I like Ake, shame he was injured end of last season, he would give us presence and a solid base

Bowen didn't give our defence any time last season so we will have to be on the ball or it will be another slow start

Based on pre season we look weak down the left side. Yes we won the league but that’s done now. Cancelo has been out of form for a while. With Haaland up front we need to protect the defence when the wingers lose the ball by cutting into a packed defence. Current city looked leggy and we don’t want an end to end game with so little match fitness.

I would rather win 0-1 at West Ham and be secure at the back. Having an out and out forward will leave us exposed. We are so used to another midfielder pressing from the front.

We have had Freon had a problem down the left and most clubs probably do. We are not always the best in pre season but usually end doing well. I don’t see how adding Haaland means we need a more solid defense especially at left back vs last season especially when we have had such a good transfer window

This is my worry, Cancelo & Walker burn outs because we don't have a step in. Im all for JWE getting minutes but at RB?

Both of our full backs are beginning to concern me.

Walker relies solely on his athleticism,his technical ability is poor and his positional sense on crosses is none existent.At almost 32,we need to have a replacement lined up.

Cancelo is far too casual and selfish,his mistakes are usually very costly in terms of turnover/loss of possession. He has become more of a liabilty than an asset in recent times.

Both of our full backs are beginning to concern me.

Walker relies solely on his athleticism,his technical ability is poor and his positional sense on crosses is none existent.At almost 32,we need to have a replacement lined up.

Cancelo is far too casual and selfish,his mistakes are usually very costly in terms of turnover/loss of possession. He has become more of a liabilty than an asset in recent times.
There was speculation earlier in the summer when Chelsea wanted Ake and Sterling that we asked for Reece James, if that was true and I think it was mentioned by T.H, the club may share your views.

There was speculation earlier in the summer when Chelsea wanted Ake and Sterling that we asked for Reece James, if that was true and I think it was mentioned by T.H, the club may share your views.
Reece James is the perfect Walker replacement when time comes but we still need a back up for each side

can`t shake the feeling the club are going to make the horrific decision to go with that we have got.

You can't shake off the feeling you know the future mate :)

Nobody knows the future, so let's see what happens. I'm optimistic. Think we'll sign a new FB, but even if we don't, we'll be fine and in January we'll find the FB we really need.

What were people saying after we failed to sign a striker last summer? And what did happen actually? We scored 150 fucking goals, that's what happened. IIRC, 150 goals is the 3rd best goal tally in the entire history of English football, the top 2 are under Pep as well.

Last season, we had the best defence in Europe. People find all kinds of problems with our defenders, yet we conceded fewer chances than Liverpool, who didn't have an injury crisis at that.

Trust in the club. Far more likely than not, we know what we are doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.