It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Accept that opinions are split but his numbers are fantastic. I remember when we couldn’t even dream about having a player of his quality. Add to that his attitude, nothing less than 100% and never any grief, he will be missed. If you were a defender you would hate playing against him. Strength, pace and tenacity with the ability to course havoc in the penalty area. Been brilliant for us and all carrying a continuous racist undertone from the press (ppl may disagree but I feel he has has unwarranted bad press and I can’t find any other excuse for it). I sincerely hope he stays (gladly accept his faults) because he has and does deliver. The word ‘legend’ is applied to many not fit to be in the same conversation. Sorry… something of a rant. Accept others may not agree. Just nailed my colours to the mast.
Stats - his numbers the last two years have shown to be on a decline. Us being shit in the past is irrelevant and dreaming of that kind of player. We are big boys now. I’d get rid this summer and thank him for his fantastic contribution over the years

Dembele on a free from Barcelona if both Sterling and Jesus go ? Can play on the left and right and is 2 footed.
Admittedly question marks about his injury record and attitude but could be an option as there is not that many pacy wingers out there at the moment, relatively low risk high reward . What do fellow blues think ?

Are you Peter Swales - sell two players for £100m and sign a ‘sick note’ on a freebie with a totally shit attitude. No thanks.

Accept that opinions are split but his numbers are fantastic. I remember when we couldn’t even dream about having a player of his quality. Add to that his attitude, nothing less than 100% and never any grief, he will be missed. If you were a defender you would hate playing against him. Strength, pace and tenacity with the ability to course havoc in the penalty area. Been brilliant for us and all carrying a continuous racist undertone from the press (ppl may disagree but I feel he has has unwarranted bad press and I can’t find any other excuse for it). I sincerely hope he stays (gladly accept his faults) because he has and does deliver. The word ‘legend’ is applied to many not fit to be in the same conversation. Sorry… something of a rant. Accept others may not agree. Just nailed my colours to the mast.
It’s because he left Liverpool and came to City. Us saying it’s about racism is letting the media cunts off with their anti-City/pro-Liverpool sycophantic agenda. Sterling left the media’s darlings and came to the media’s villains, that’s the entire top and bottom of what it’s always been about.

Same reason that within same period of time both City and Liverpool failed FFP rules but you only heard the reporting of it on us and nobody said a dicky bird about Liverpool. Same reason that Liverpool’s hacking was barely reported on, their coach smashing was swept under the carpet, their behaviour at the recent CL final being excused and even argued against despite all the evidence to the contrary. Yet City’s CAS case was very loudly negatively reported about by everybody apart from Martin Samuel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a big name but a real strengthening in defence, really spurious outside chance event that I had thought gone away but keep reappearing in conversations - not sure why.
This is what we should focus on, our resident itks have genuine contacts at the club.

So if they say we have two more names to uncover as transfers lets start uncovering them!

Stats - his numbers the last two years have shown to be on a decline. Us being shit in the past is irrelevant and dreaming of that kind of player. We are big boys now. I’d get rid this summer and thank him for his fantastic contribution over the years
All his stats for this year per 90 are better than last, technically he's on the up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.