Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
So u telling me we gonna get rid of Bernardo because he wants to move? Who is his replacement ? And how are people gonna explain that we didn’t get weaker this time.

Thanks for posting this. I presume this is from their previous seasons (i.e. cumulative map). Whilst I was not sure that Jack is/was the replacement for Bernardo, their maps appear similar, just opposite flanks as you say. Bernardo does have more blue that is more greatly dispersed. Certainly last season (not part of it) I felt he had a lot more in the defensive half supporting Rodri and playing deeper. Not sure this would or has ever been Jacks position.
Yep these maps were created for 20 / 21 season and that's why Bernardo's map looks like that..
KDB was injured for a long period and he was mainly playing RCM.. Even when KDB returned, Pep used KDB as False9 and Bernardo was still playing as RCM..

Last season KDB didn't have such a long injuries, so Pep used Bernardo as LCM a lot and for the first time he was playing deeper than Rodri sometimes, especially those Liverpool matches where we needed good build-ups..

So it depends, can Jack play that deeper with the ball ? Why not.. We can trust him with the ball everywhere..

The only issue is, if we can trust him with the defensive duties.. Like running back, covering the zones, making tackles.. But these duties aren't that difficult to be learnt.. David Silva was doing it even though before Pep he played whole career as a winger and only Pep moved him to midfield.. Zinchenko learned to be a decent LB, even though he was and still is N10 in Ukraine..

So my idea is -> If Bernardo goes, let Jack play there, give him time to improve and let's see how that turns out.. Skills are there, talent is there, I don't see any problem..

As for the Jesus and his map yep, that guy was insane and still is...

comparing grealish to bernardo is hilarious ffs jack doesnt have a quarter of bernies work rate and stamina. I mean, im yet to discover what grealish does at an high enough level to be a city starter or worth 100 mil. Hes good enough to be on the bench or a squad player but...
I honestly don't even think he is good enough to be on our bench

So u telling me we gonna get rid of Bernardo because he wants to move? Who is his replacement ? And how are people gonna explain that we didn’t get weaker this time.
90% of the world's workers don't particularly enjoy their job but get on with it for the wages, Bernie needs to smile, buy his beautiful wife a home sunbed and give us another Duracell season

I hate it when people say "who would be Bernardo's replacement", footballers aren't factory made, you don't need a like for like replacement, Haaland isn't Aguero's replacement but that wouldn't stop the team from winning games and moving on. Dias isn't Vinnie's replacement, he's just a defender we brought in to do the job and he has done very well so far. Who's currently Spanish Dave's replacement in the team? How about Yaya, Who's his replacement? Would you really think of Gundo as Yaya's replacement?

Has this in anyway hampered the growth and success of the team? Has our "failure" to find a clone for these players automatically turned us into a terrible team or has the team moved on without their replacement?

Obsessing with finding a perfect copy was what destroyed the rags and that obsession has also destroyed Barcelona. Should Bernardo leave, we would find a player that can do the job in the system. He might be the same height or taller, faster or slower, more energetic or less energetic but as long as he fits in with the system, that's all we really need.

At the end of the day all we really have are the memories of the greats, you can look back at the old highlights reels and just smile at how good Silva was, how Yaya was a titan, how Aguero was a goal machine and all of that.

The moment we start looking for a perfect replacement, the moment we start looking up incoherent stats with heat maps and green, red and yellow arrows that point in numerous directions just so we can compare performances, THAT'S when we start going down rag lane and that's a place you really don't want to find yourself in.

Last edited:
Looks like we are playing with a 4 2 3 1 this season with Bernardo alongside rodri. No chance grealish can fill in there as he doesn’t have the work rate, stamina or defensive attributes to play that role imo.

I don’t think it will be too difficult to replace Bernardo with a player who offers what Bernardo does in this new formation. I doubt the player will be as talented as Bernardo technically but will be as effective as Bernardo is in that role if that makes sense!

More concerned about a lb

Top clubs usually don't sell their best players with a month to go for window to end. Neither should we. It's like we are waiting for any bid to sell him to a club who can't even register players. If he wanted to go he should have told his next club to make move happen in June, August is not time to do deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.