Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we really afford to sell Bernardo and Gundogan (if he doesn't extend) next year? That would be a bi hole to fill.

I hate it when people say "who would be Bernardo's replacement", footballers aren't factory made, you don't need a like for like replacement, Haaland isn't Aguero's replacement but that wouldn't stop the team from winning games and moving on. Dias isn't Vinnie's replacement, he's just a defender we brought in to do the job and he has done very well so far. Who's currently Spanish Dave's replacement in the team? How about Yaya, Who's his replacement? Would you really think of Gundo as Yaya's replacement?

Has this in anyway hampered the growth and success of the team? Has our "failure" to find a clone for these players automatically turned us into a terrible team or has the team moved on without their replacement?

Obsessing with finding a perfect copy was what destroyed the rags and that obsession has also destroyed Barcelona. Should Bernardo leave, we would find a player that can do the job in the system. He might be the same height or taller, faster or slower, more energetic or less energetic but as long as he fits in with the system, that's all we really need.

At the end of the day all we really have are the memories of the greats, you can look back at the old highlights reels and just smile at how good Silva was, how Yaya was a titan, how Aguero was a goal machine and all of that.

The moment we start looking for a perfect replacement, the moment we start looking up incoherent stats with heat maps and green, red and yellow arrows that point in numerous directions just so we can compare performances, THAT'S when we start going down rag lane and that's a place you really don't want to find yourself in.
Makes me shudder to think we signed Bony to replicate the Sergio role, when Serg was injured or rested, I think that was the last time we did something like that, you can’t replicate players like Dave Vinnie Sergio Yaya & even Ferna entirely, they are unique. But you can replace certain characteristics, like KDB’s drive (Yaya) Diaz’ determination & leadership (Vinnie) Haalands finishing (Sergio) Kalvins reading of the game & humbleness (Ferna) and Fodens vision (Dave)
Pep is absolutely obsessed with character, the make up of a player, what makes them tick, can they be challenged, weaknesses etc, the clubs research on a player goes far beyond asking if he’s a good egg these days, as fans we should just trust the process, we have overseen/managed the passing of umpteen legends in the last five years, and won 4in5 PL’s an amazing achievement, let’s see how the scousers get on when asked to do the same

There just seems to be too much noise about Berny moving for my liking, at this point if a move was a none starter then I think he would have put an end to it.

Just a thought though, if we get £80 - £100 million for him and given the money we have already banked why not go back and make Dortmund an offer they cant refuse for Bellingham.

Looks like we are playing with a 4 2 3 1 this season with Bernardo alongside rodri. No chance grealish can fill in there as he doesn’t have the work rate, stamina or defensive attributes to play that role imo.

I don’t think it will be too difficult to replace Bernardo with a player who offers what Bernardo does in this new formation. I doubt the player will be as talented as Bernardo technically but will be as effective as Bernardo is in that role if that makes sense!

More concerned about a lb
philips can fill that role. allowing KDB to move into a free role

I dont agree with that mate. However i think Jack needs to become more direct and stop taking 7 or 8 touches before passing backwards. One touch for control, one to knock it past defender, one to set and smash into the net.
Hes far too conservative and wouldnt have near the workrate, then again not many have.

There just seems to be too much noise about Berny moving for my liking, at this point if a move was a none starter then I think he would have put an end to it.

Just a thought though, if we get £80 - £100 million for him and given the money we have already banked why not go back and make Dortmund an offer they cant refuse for Bellingham.
If anyone thinks City didn’t sound out Dortmund when doing the Haaland deal then they are daft. City will know exactly the situation, if he’s available now or next summer and how much that fee will be in either instance. I’ve no doubt we have a plan in place if we want him.

Ah yes the masively overrated Bellingham. No thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.