Avanti suspends ticket sales and running only one train per hour to London

LongsightM13

Until further notice. Blaming ‘unofficial strike and current industrial relations climate’
Never thought I would be wishing Richard Branson came back, Avanti have been awful compared to Virgin
Not had a look at the fixtures but could affect away travel if the situation is prolonged

I used to have to commute a fair bit via London and Virgin was the operator when I did. Three trains an hour and usually on time. Yes they were expensive but so are Avanti. I have caught them twice since they took over and they were two trains an hour, packed solid and even more expensive. An horrendous service.

This country is fucked.

Correct. It's been a perfect storm of covid, rising fuel prices, the war in Ukraine and as a result a huge rise in inflation. As usual the poorer members of society are being hit the hardest and have rightly had enough. They see government ministers and their friends raking it in and lots of big business recording record profits but not prepared to throw a few crumbs down to their workers. It's the UK's "Let them eat cake " moment, unfortunately we can't fetch the guillotine back and use it.

Correct. It's been a perfect storm of covid, rising fuel prices, the war in Ukraine and as a result a huge rise in inflation. As usual the poorer members of society are being hit the hardest and have rightly had enough. They see government ministers and their friends raking it in and lots of big business recording record profits but not prepared to throw a few crumbs down to their workers. It's the UK's "Let them eat cake " moment, unfortunately we can't fetch the guillotine back and use it.
And Brexit. It’s not the only cause, but it’s up there with any of the ones you’ve listed, and unlike the others only applies substantially to the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.