Avanti suspends ticket sales and running only one train per hour to London

And Brexit. It’s not the only cause, but it’s up there with any of the ones you’ve listed, and unlike the others only applies substantially to the UK.

Yes it's an added complication but last time I was in Spain in January they had very similar problems too with supplies etcetera and that was before the Ukrainian war.

The rail service needs nationalising, it's a necessity for the public and greener option to driving. Put it in to public ownership, give the staff a decent pay rise and reduce ticket prices.

I travelled by train on Northern Rail on Sunday , tickets weren’t checked once. Do people still do that thing of getting on the train without a ticket and then only paying if the guard / conductor turns up?

I travelled by train on Northern Rail on Sunday , tickets weren’t checked once. Do people still do that thing of getting on the train without a ticket and then only paying if the guard / conductor turns up?

I do it occasionally when I can't get a ticket, sometimes there isn't a member of staff to be seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.