Avanti suspends ticket sales and running only one train per hour to London

If only someone had pointed that out in 2016.

Ha ha. The annoying thing is arrogant leaders caused this on both sides. The EU veered off from what it was sold as into a monster and people rightly or wrongly felt they no longer had any control, say or rights over their lives. The man and woman in the street felt powerless, voiceless and being taken the piss out of. Remainers didn't help by calling people with genuine concerns stupid and patronising them, instead of engaging. We would have still been a member with a different attitude.

Avanti being a poorly run business, compared to Virgin would be my guess.
They're both shit. Charging £95 for a return off-peak train journey between London and Manchester is a terrible service whichever greedy company is running it and it isn't something people have to put up with on the continent.

Avanti is eyewateringly expensive compared to Virgin. I think a lot of commercial enterprises are trying to recoup lost Covid revenues but Avanti are roughly three times more expensive than similar on Virgin.

I rarely use them now but last time I did they had risen a bit but were a similar price to Virgin. Last time I travelled a peak return to London on Virgin was about £330.

Ha ha. The annoying thing is arrogant leaders caused this on both sides. The EU veered off from what it was sold as into a monster and people rightly or wrongly felt they no longer had any control, say or rights over their lives. The man and woman in the street felt powerless, voiceless and being taken the piss out of. Remainers didn't help by calling people with genuine concerns stupid and patronising them, instead of engaging. We would have still been a member with a different attitude.
The problem is, is that Brussels never dictated our lives. Our MPs blamed everything on them.

Now everything is going to shit and they’re still trying to blame Brussels when they have nothing to do with our mess now.

The problem is, is that Brussels never dictated our lives. Our MPs blamed everything on them.

Now everything is going to shit and they’re still trying to blame Brussels when they have nothing to do with our mess now.

As I said people, rightly or wrongly, believed that I don't want to veer off subject it's already doing that so I'll stop chatting about the EU.

I rarely use them now but last time I did they had risen a bit but were a similar price to Virgin. Last time I travelled a peak return to London on Virgin was about £330.
We could pick 'n choose the best time and two returns with railcards came in at £150 on Virgin. A couple of months ago I checked Avanti and they wanted t'other side of £450. First class, naturally!

I think that’s all fair comment, mate.

Presumably it’ll be Hull Trains, Great Western, South Western and Trans Pennine Express will be announcing something similar, as they’re all majority owned by first group? They also run 20% of the countries buses, the London Tramlink as well as running Lumo train services, so they’ll probably be next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.