Stupid little things that bug you

Commentators who pronounce Cancelo's first name as "JOW". (And others of that forename)

It's nothing like bloody Jow. Learn to say it properly. It's an insult to the man.

Who can I make an official complaint to?

.... when the travel news announces there are short delays on the London underground circle line.... How the fuck can there be delays when the trains run every three minutes?
And they run in a circle.

TV announcers with glottal stops and that ludicrous yoof type accent.
The use of the word ‘fantastic’ to describe virtually everything in the slightest way good.
Indeed. Coming from this daft complaint that was listened to; “we don’t hear people who sound like us on the tele and radio” from people with regional accents or who sound common.

I have a semi-strong regional accent and probably sound common as muck to some people. If I want to listen to people who sound like me I will speak to my family, friends and neighbours.

I do not want to hear people who sound like me on the news or presenting television or radio programmes, I want presenters and announcers to speak properly using the correct words and grammar. They don’t have to put on a false Queen’s-English accent or owt, I just want them to speak properly.

Some thick Cockney wanker announcing that “arrrftah da breayk we’ve got samm dabble biww o Frasiah cammin app innit” makes me want to throw my tele out of the window!

A courier delivered a parcel to where I work today I know him from dropping stuff in every now and again.

I said to him today "Ah long time no see, I thought you didn't work for this crowd anymore it's been that long".

He replied "I'm gone part time, Trying to concentrate more on my social platform being an influencer"...

I just thought to myself "Bellend"...

People who work behind a bar that are totally inept They can't work quickly, serve more than one person at a time or have a clue who's actually next or who's just arrived at the bar, as they're normally talking bollocks to their equally inept mate working with them. Bring back the old barmaid who could serve four people at once and add up the price in their head as they went. Invaluable.

When people say things like:

“HIMARS system”, when the ‘S’ in HIMARS stands for System. That’s the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System system.

“Can you tell me the ULN number?”, when the ‘N’ in ULN stands for Number. That’s asking for the Unique Learner Number number.

“Can you send me the CTF file?”, when the ‘F’ in CTF stands for File. That’s asking for the Common Transfer File file.
Absolutely! In my industry people used to say "Can you record this on a DAT tape?" The T stands for TAPE!!

People who work behind a bar that are totally inept They can't work quickly, serve more than one person at a time or have a clue who's actually next or who's just arrived at the bar, as they're normally talking bollocks to their equally inept mate working with them. Bring back the old barmaid who could serve four people at once and add up the price in their head as they went. Invaluable.
I'll raise that with Saturday in the ground. Likely to be 95 % newbies behind the bars, most of which will never come back. With staff throwing the towel in it's usually January before whoever is there has an idea of what's expected of them and can pull a full plastic glass of piss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.