Worst City players you remember

Carl Shutt (I think that's how it was spelt)

We picked him up from Birmingham Reserves who were then in the Old Third Division and he walked straight into our first team who were in the top (First Division).
Could never understand how a player who was not good enough for Birmingham made our first team.

Carl Shutt (I think that's how it was spelt)

We picked him up from Birmingham Reserves who were then in the Old Third Division and he walked straight into our first team who were in the top (First Division).
Could never understand how a player who was not good enough for Birmingham made our first team.

Remember going up to Newcastle on New Years day 93 or 94. Carl Shutt was playing upfront marked by the old Coventry City stalwart Brian Kilcline. I remember vividly the two of them engaging in a sprint for the ball and it was like watching a match in slow motion. Needless to say we got beat.

last one - sorry

Team 6

1.Tommy Wright

2.Ged Brannan

3.Scott Hilley

4.Neil Johnson

5.Peter Bodak

6.Neil Johnson

7.Stefan Karl

8.Simon Collisimo

9.Neil McNab

10.Jim Melrose

11.Maurizio Gaudini

Subs Nicky Summerbee

Manager - Phil Neal

Gaudino and McNab. Thats absolute nonsense. Who is in team 7 Silva and Aguero?

Gaudino and McNab. Thats absolute nonsense. Who is in team 7 Silva and Aguero?

At least 3 of his players (Bowyer, Mccrae and Reeves) played in major finals for City, plus Carrodous was sub in 74.
If I was going to list a team it would include around 8 players from 97-98, plus a few who weren't even good enough the following season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.