Borussia Dortmund (H) - Wed 14th Sept, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers pal. We're alongside the away fans so should be fun. Against Forest, I watched a couple of Forest fans celebrating us taking Haaland off. The look of incredulity when they saw De Bruyne coming on was priceless.

I opted out of CL group games because they become tedious to me (FOC)
They’re better now we don’t play Shakhtar every year, but they can be a bit of a bore.

They were better last season though.

Nowt wrong with that at all. Two full days between games. 150 minute’s difference than if it was a 15:00 kick off. All they need to do if they’re really worried about it is go to bed 150 minutes earlier on the Friday night and get up 150 minutes earlier on the Saturday morning. But I don’t think anybody is worried about this normal thing apart from Klopp and Solskjaer (who are the only people to moan about it), Pep never sees it as a problem.

Plus we get 150 minutes extra recovery ahead of them all going off on international duty.

He said a 12.30 kick-off Saturday after an 8pm Wednesday kick-off is not ideal. But however you want to dress it up he is right - it's not.

Pep, the physios and sports scientists would agree not ideal as well but just get on with it. That's different from i) worrying ii) moaning like Klopp.

The worst scenario is an intense CL away leg Wednesday night followed by the 12.30 kick-off Saturday lunchtime.
This is not like that but it still is an issue.

FWIW our record after playing Wednesday Champions league to playing on the Saturday with less than 72 hours recovery is poor. Last 2 seasons it has happened 9 times and we've won just 4. Think about that - this City side winning just 4 out of 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.