Is our squad stronger or weaker than last year?

What do you think?

• Total voters
Sterling and Jesus scored 21 league goals last season. Haaland and Alvarez are already on 17 with 29 games to go.

Ferna was on his last legs. If/when Phillips comes back, he's a better option.

Zinch is better than Gomez (who is likely to improve). But I'd rather have Akanji and Gomez than only Zinch.

We've improved the squad, and not only marginally.

Sterling and Jesus scored 21 league goals last season. Haaland and Alvarez are already on 17 with 29 games to go.

Ferna was on his last legs. If/when Phillips comes back, he's a better option.

Zinch is better than Gomez (who is likely to improve). But I'd rather have Akanji and Gomez than only Zinch.

We've improved the squad, and not only marginally.

Good post that mate

I would say definitely stronger, the starting 11 is absolutely stronger with the addition of the best striker on the planet.
Haaland and Alvarez > Sterling and Jesus (although I’m sad Jesus moved on)

Before we signed Akanji and Gomez we did look somewhat light in defence.
Akanji looks a fantastic signing, would appear to be an absolute steal at £15M
I’m not sure who is the better player between Zinchenko and Gomez but both are backups, my initial (last night omitted, but a good match to learn from, remember he’s a winger turning into a defender) view on Gomez is he looks promising and will improve under Peps tutelage.

Ortega is an upgrade on Steffen so another plus toward stronger squad this season.

Was stronger when we had Trevor Christie and Gordon Phillips up front supported by the arrival of Imre Varadi.
Same at the back, Clive Wilson was a proper left back and Nicky Reid much more versatile than any of this lot. And of course Kenny Clements was a true ball playing centre half. Those were the days.....

And now what do we have to look forwards to, utter dross.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Much stronger this season.

What’s the Haaland and Alvarez split?

People are talking about the squad and squad players. Seems a bit disingenuous to say Haaland and Alvarez have 17 between them when the vast majority are for 1 player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.