Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

single tier north stand redevelop would improve the atmosphere, there is no doubt at all, forget what is going on at spurs. Its what majority of fans want. Or even two large tiers would be an improvement.

A three tier would make no difference, possible worse as singers would spread out even more.

I dont know if anybody else has posted about the thinking behind the expansion as in COST and inconvenience.

Plucking a figure out of the sky if you said to do exactly what was done in the south stand would cost £20m and have very little disruption, also can be done in one season.

a single tier would cost say £60m and mean closure of the north stand for two seasons.

taking into account the return on the project and the fact that we wouldnt fill very often, i should image the cost will have a big input.
It would make little difference in my opinion if 1,2 or 3 tiers..

Atmosphere is created with what goes on the pitch, nothing to do with the stadium.

The atmosphere this season has greatly improved, the fans like what they see and the big fella up front is great box office and is becoming a cult hero.

It would make little difference in my opinion if 1,2 or 3 tiers..

Atmosphere is created with what goes on the pitch, nothing to do with the stadium.

The atmosphere this season has greatly improved, the fans like what they see and the big fella up front is great box office and is becoming a cult hero.

I think it does to an extent. Individual stands with their own identity, steep lower tiers, stands being close to the pitch, a low roof, and a proper home end behind the goal, etc. Everything the Etihad isn't. I appreciate new stadiums have evolved in to generic bowls. Easier and cheaper to build. Bar in Tottenham's case.

The Spurs and Everton stand are two-tier but shaped as one-tier, City could copy this but having the section right behind the goal being an elevated safe standing section then above that could be a single-tier stand that would be the cheapest section in the ground-no corporate boxes, the corporate boxes could be squeezed into the corner section where the screens were with new screens installed above them so making the whole stadium flow better. I agree with Tolmie's point about the Ferrari World canopy this could be attached to the new stand and joined up with what every they are replacing the club shop with

View attachment 58550
Outside the staduim you could have something like this covering City Square

View attachment 58552

Perhaps a canopy in the shape of a blue moon which illuminates at night like the Allianz Arena clad?

The new Coop Live Arena already having an effect on new hotel proposals.

Place North West.

Dean Street Developments, Definition Capital and Assured CMS want to build a 20-storey hotel on the corner of Great Ancoats Street and Laystall Street.

Designed by SimpsonHaugh Architects, the 150-bedroom Manchester venue would be operated under Hilton’s Motto brand.

The consortium behind the project said the “rapid pace of transformation” in this area of Manchester, coupled with the emergence of other schemes such as Factory International and Co-Op Live, “has created a sustained demand for hotel accommodation, which is currently underserved in this part of the city centre”.

image-asset.jpeg

image-asset.png

Visual_07.jpg

The Spurs and Everton stand are two-tier but shaped as one-tier, City could copy this but having the section right behind the goal being an elevated safe standing section then above that could be a single-tier stand that would be the cheapest section in the ground-no corporate boxes, the corporate boxes could be squeezed into the corner section where the screens were with new screens installed above them so making the whole stadium flow better. I agree with Tolmie's point about the Ferrari World canopy this could be attached to the new stand and joined up with what every they are replacing the club shop with

View attachment 58550
Outside the staduim you could have something like this covering City Square

View attachment 58552
Think I’d prefer a minihad shaped like the ground :)

The new Coop Live Arena already having an effect on new hotel proposals.

Place North West.

Dean Street Developments, Definition Capital and Assured CMS want to build a 20-storey hotel on the corner of Great Ancoats Street and Laystall Street.

Designed by SimpsonHaugh Architects, the 150-bedroom Manchester venue would be operated under Hilton’s Motto brand.

The consortium behind the project said the “rapid pace of transformation” in this area of Manchester, coupled with the emergence of other schemes such as Factory International and Co-Op Live, “has created a sustained demand for hotel accommodation, which is currently underserved in this part of the city centre”.

View attachment 58559

View attachment 58560

View attachment 58561

That's mental, could probably fit 4 maybe 5 cars there at a push, but no let's build a 20 story hotel on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.