Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

single tier north stand redevelop would improve the atmosphere, there is no doubt at all, forget what is going on at spurs. Its what majority of fans want. Or even two large tiers would be an improvement.

A three tier would make no difference, possible worse as singers would spread out even more.

I dont know if anybody else has posted about the thinking behind the expansion as in COST and inconvenience.

Plucking a figure out of the sky if you said to do exactly what was done in the south stand would cost £20m and have very little disruption, also can be done in one season.

a single tier would cost say £60m and mean closure of the north stand for two seasons.

taking into account the return on the project and the fact that we wouldnt fill very often, i should image the cost will have a big input.

single tier north stand redevelop would improve the atmosphere, there is no doubt at all, forget what is going on at spurs. Its what majority of fans want. Or even two large tiers would be an improvement.

A three tier would make no difference, possible worse as singers would spread out even more.

I dont know if anybody else has posted about the thinking behind the expansion as in COST and inconvenience.

Plucking a figure out of the sky if you said to do exactly what was done in the south stand would cost £20m and have very little disruption, also can be done in one season.

a single tier would cost say £60m and mean closure of the north stand for two seasons.

taking into account the return on the project and the fact that we wouldnt fill very often, i should image the cost will have a big input.
The budget for the next phase is much bigger than for the South stand. It'll be in the region of £200-250m, but include lots more than the south stand. City sq will be immense and almost a venue in itself.

The South Stand extension ended up costing £75m. We also need to book in advance Europe's two biggest cranes once again. Only the Germans can put them up.

The budget for the next phase is much bigger than for the South stand. It'll be in the region of £200-250m, but include lots more than the south stand. City sq will be immense and almost a venue in itself.

We could build a canopy covering like Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi or the 02, which would create a statement piece and also have something weather proof?

Building costs and the price of steel will ensure the figures are way beyond the South Stand extension!

The Spurs and Everton stand are two-tier but shaped as one-tier, City could copy this but having the section right behind the goal being an elevated safe standing section then above that could be a single-tier stand that would be the cheapest section in the ground-no corporate boxes, the corporate boxes could be squeezed into the corner section where the screens were with new screens installed above them so making the whole stadium flow better. I agree with Tolmie's point about the Ferrari World canopy this could be attached to the new stand and joined up with what every they are replacing the club shop with

1666185132027.jpeg
Outside the staduim you could have something like this covering City Square

1666185451191.png

I would of preferred a 2 tiers like some of the pictures mock ups I'm not really a fan of the ground being the same all way around I like mismatch stands won't be long till all the 2nd tier is corporate

Good point Spurs brought special engineers to get the sound sorted in the stadium. I still think the ULTRA need to have there own section, so joining the Manchester City Ultra you would all be in the same part of the ground

ULTRA isn't an English phenomenon and the belief that a single stand would be like our Yellow Wall, the Curva Nord or Gate 3 and we'd become UltrAslan is fanciful.

8000 more seats/standing spaces with reasonable pricing may bring in some new blood but shuffling the people around so we can have a choir isn't going to do much because we don't have that organisation in the fan base or the relationship with the club.

Anyone who saw Aris at our place saw the organisation they brought, the coordination of chants and banners and the conductors at the front barely watch the match. Ultra is all about putting on a show for the 90 minutes of the match and in some cases the 90 minutes before. We're just interested in necking cheap beer until the moments before kick off and expecting something to happen.

We've always known it would be a South Stand copy.....

Anything else you know of with this stand? 3 tiers as mentioned by others on here etc?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.