Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Observations.
There were a number of issues at the Elbow concert, not least the queuing to get in. The lack direction leading to people queuing in the wrong queue for ages. I'm sure that is just teething, if they address it. Tbf, the exit and queueing for the tram was pretty good and organised, but there will be some concert goers who will be unhappy queueing in the rain, when it happens.

When on the tram, I couldn't see anyone on the 'walkway from town' apart from Police, Stewards and Paramedics.

Also I saw some cabling randomly dropped on top of a cupboard inside the hall.

The seats were comfortable, but there was a gap between the back of the seat in front and the edge of the concrete base, meaning you could easily break your ankle, even without being pissed!

The people handing out free beer looked like exec's in casual clothing, that had been dragged in to help on the night!

The concept of access to drink and food inside the concert area, doesn't hit the spot for me. Whilst singing a quieter song there was some noise coming from the open bar area at the back, which spoilt that a tad. Maybe just me.

Overall. it was a good experience and will be better when everything is fully functional.

Oh yeah, the staff were amazing.

BDP has drawn up the proposal for the revitalisation of the Grey Mare lane housing estate on behalf of the city council, One Manchester, Great Places Housing Group, and This City.

IMG_1216.jpeg

The initial plans include at least 1,000 homes – many of which would be designated affordable – and a series of green spaces. Other figures of the masterplan include the addition of cycle lanes, walking routes, sustainable drainage systems, and the reduction of lanes at the Bell Crescent and Alan Turing Way junction.

The Arena looked great yesterday in the sunshine.

Give it 12 months when all the work is completed, and the trees and planting have matured more, and it will look even better.

PXL-20240519-113626791-MP-2.jpg

BDP has drawn up the proposal for the revitalisation of the Grey Mare lane housing estate on behalf of the city council, One Manchester, Great Places Housing Group, and This City.

View attachment 119775

The initial plans include at least 1,000 homes – many of which would be designated affordable – and a series of green spaces. Other figures of the masterplan include the addition of cycle lanes, walking routes, sustainable drainage systems, and the reduction of lanes at the Bell Crescent and Alan Turing Way junction.

I hope they bring the old Market back, the dodgy stuff on there was great, the Police used to raid it every 4 weeks just after they had topped up.

The Arena looked great yesterday in the sunshine.

Give it 12 months when all the work is completed, and the trees and planting have matured more, and it will look even better.

PXL-20240519-113626791-MP-2.jpg
The comments from people that have been to Clapton and Manilow shows over the weekend has been excellent.

They have quietly got on with things over past week and put on shows which punters have been really happy with.

The terrace was closed off yesterday before the match. Hopefully it will be open next season before the matches?

The comments from people that have been to Clapton and Manilow shows over the weekend has been excellent.

They have quietly got on with things over past week and put on shows which punters have been really happy with.

After the initial problems that’s great to read. It will only get better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.