Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for your loss Mick, lost my Dad 4 years ago to a brain tumour, awful.

These crowd debates prove nothing and have no bearing on an individual’s support so let me get that out of the way. I attended most home games during the early 80’s and have to say that our crowds deserved to be less. You really needed to be a special kind of idiot to stand in the shit hole of a ground, watching awful football against a backdrop of racism, NF, hooliganism, soaring inflation, unemployment, boardroom troubles and boycotts. You really needed to be around to understand how bad it was.

Say something enough times and it becomes an accepted truth and so it goes with our attendances which are never viewed contemporaneously against other clubs/ divisions.

Funnily enough an awful lot of disinformation can be found on our dear neighbours SMB messsageboard which is a tribute to attendance threads, how great are we (just search class) and how hard they’ve been over the years. If you’ve got a spare 10 mins take a peak. Don’t let facts get in the way of a good old fable.

One of my main bug bears is that the media, SKY led, continually insists on building us up and interview some right nuggets perpetuating the myth that we are all deluded Geordie Nation knackers. It’s lazy, disingenuous, journalism.

We’re hopefully at the start of an exciting future. I don’t think any of us would have chosen our new owners, we don’t get a choice (no matter what anyone says) but when the chance came to get Ashley out I’ll freely admit, I was all in. I think we’d all take top 8-10 this season and steady improvement in the squad. We’re performing better than the sun of our parts just now.

How has Eddie Howe settled in the NE, his family were not keen on Burnley when he was previously up-north?

He seems to have settled in well. Most of his time is actually centred around his job so I think the family settling in is more important than him settling. It must be a nightmare for his wife as he's always at work, I guess that she might have friends if his support staff have brought up their families.

I think it could go ahead, I just don't think it will do anything without the top English clubs.

That wouldn't be a bad solution, actually. Win win win. As long as it was all governed by UEFA within an acceptable rules framework.

Sorry for your loss Mick, lost my Dad 4 years ago to a brain tumour, awful.

These crowd debates prove nothing and have no bearing on an individual’s support so let me get that out of the way. I attended most home games during the early 80’s and have to say that our crowds deserved to be less. You really needed to be a special kind of idiot to stand in the shit hole of a ground, watching awful football against a backdrop of racism, NF, hooliganism, soaring inflation, unemployment, boardroom troubles and boycotts. You really needed to be around to understand how bad it was.

Say something enough times and it becomes an accepted truth and so it goes with our attendances which are never viewed contemporaneously against other clubs/ divisions.

Funnily enough an awful lot of disinformation can be found on our dear neighbours SMB messsageboard which is a tribute to attendance threads, how great are we (just search class) and how hard they’ve been over the years. If you’ve got a spare 10 mins take a peak. Don’t let facts get in the way of a good old fable.

One of my main bug bears is that the media, SKY led, continually insists on building us up and interview some right nuggets perpetuating the myth that we are all deluded Geordie Nation knackers. It’s lazy, disingenuous, journalism.

We’re hopefully at the start of an exciting future. I don’t think any of us would have chosen our new owners, we don’t get a choice (no matter what anyone says) but when the chance came to get Ashley out I’ll freely admit, I was all in. I think we’d all take top 8-10 this season and steady improvement in the squad. We’re performing better than the sun of our parts just now.
Losing your parents is tough, especially so close to each other. We’ve found out that my dad had a massive bleed on the brain so was effectively dead the night before. My brother has started going through his things and he's found Christmas cards from both parents to each other, nightmare.

Like you I also attended most games in the 80's home and away, for a number of years I went to every game. I started going when I was a young kid, my uncle took me because he didn't have a son of his own at that time and I think I was his excuse for going. He would stick me on a Gallowgate floodlight so that I could see the game, you’ll probably remember the stink from the open-air Gallowgate bogs and how the piss ran down the hill on to Strawberry Place and gathered on the road outside of the wrestling hall.

I then started going with friends, we’d pay into the popular and sneak through the fence into the Leazes if it was raining.

The Sunderland Forum is garbage, I had a quick look once and left never to return.

As for the future, bring it on.

Come on Newcastle

Love them to win the league , piss off the old guard

Hope you geordies are enjoying the ride , especially watching the "welcome " american owners fuck it up at other clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.