England v USA – Fri 25th Nov, 19:00 | Group B | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It definitely wasn't a classic that and was one of the most boring games I've endured for a while!

However, I thought it would be a hard game. This world cup is showing that the "minnows" are growing. Saudi Arabia beating Argentina, Canada outclassing Belgium, Netherlands held by Ecuador, Iran beating Wales etc. There are no poor teams at World Cups now.

The US set up to make it difficult to breakdown. They plenty at a high tempo and constantly pressed. It worked well enough. We just couldn't get into the game really and it's incredible how the team that beat Iran struggled so much.

Mount, Kane, Saka and Sterling offered nothing. I'd have been tempted to haul the lot off and bring Foden, Grealish, Wilson and TAA on to get players on who can play with the ball.

I get the feeling that we knew a draw was good enough and decided not to take the risk of a counter and 1-0 loss.

At the end of the day, we will qualify and that's the first part of the job done. It wasn't pretty or exciting, but we just have to get out of the group, which we've done essentially.

Agree Kane has been a passenger for about two seasons now. Brings nothing to the team, gets the odd goal and the odd good pass.
Plus he doesnt seem to me to be a leader and shouldn't be captain.
Definitely not a captain, he plays for himself, which is fine at Spurs but not good enough for the national team. The constant dropping deep to then look for fouls slows any momentum we may have and stops any counter attack we are building.

I’d rather we looked at Wilson who’s certainly less selfish as his pass to Grealish v Iran proved. All I remember about Kane is him not squaring it to Sterling b Croatia(?) in the semi final.

Agree Kane has been a passenger for about two seasons now. Brings nothing to the team, gets the odd goal and the odd good pass.
Plus he doesnt seem to me to be a leader and shouldn't be captain.
I’ll defend Kane a bit here and point out we barely create any proper chances for him. Put Grealish or Foden on to be creative and we will.

Kane is sitting behind Haaland but still has 12 goals in 14 games in the league, a hell of a return by usual standards. He knows how to score goals.

The point I’m making is you have the second best goalscorer in the Premier League, a guy who has done it Year after year but playing players that can’t create chances for him and setting up not to lose games. Even in the Euros once we were actually assertive in games and creating chances for him like in the Germany and Ukraine games, he scored goals. He ended that tournament with 4 goals in the end.

He’s easily among Englands best talents, but you need to players on there that can create chances too.

It definitely wasn't a classic that and was one of the most boring games I've endured for a while!

However, I thought it would be a hard game. This world cup is showing that the "minnows" are growing. Saudi Arabia beating Argentina, Canada outclassing Belgium, Netherlands held by Ecuador, Iran beating Wales etc. There are no poor teams at World Cups now.

The US set up to make it difficult to breakdown. They plenty at a high tempo and constantly pressed. It worked well enough. We just couldn't get into the game really and it's incredible how the team that beat Iran struggled so much.

Mount, Kane, Saka and Sterling offered nothing. I'd have been tempted to haul the lot off and bring Foden, Grealish, Wilson and TAA on to get players on who can play with the ball.

I get the feeling that we knew a draw was good enough and decided not to take the risk of a counter and 1-0 loss.

At the end of the day, we will qualify and that's the first part of the job done. It wasn't pretty or exciting, but we just have to get out of the group, which we've done essentially.
Don’t agree about USA last night, they were on the front foot from the off and were head and shoulders better than us all over the pitch.
Rice doesn’t know how to play the single pivot so it’s either Phillips or both with Foden or Bellingham in front of those behind a front 3 and if that was to be the case you’d need Kane dropping as his movement is too static. Wilson or dare I say Rashford should play centrally in this scenario as their pace will make the opposition drop deeper creating more space for Foden and the wide players.

Just watch how more fluid Brazil will be now Neymar is out for a couple of games. He like Kane make it all about themselves.

I don't really follow England National team. Never had since I was a kid. Back then if you played for the rags you played for England. I hated it. Did Alan Oakes every get a cap, I dont think so.
My dad always said to be 'play for the rags play for England yet even if a City player is brilliant he wont play for England.

Over 50 years ago my dad would say that and 50 years on it's still the fucking same. Rashford shouldn't be even in the squad a few games for the rags. Yet now Rashford is above Foden. If Rashford played for any other club he wouldnt get picked. I forgot he had come on yesterday lol.

I am now saying the same to my kids as my dad said to me.

For me I feel really pissed of dont know why as I dont care about the National team. Perhaps its because 50 years on it's still the same. Rag players getting pick over much better superior City players.

Come on Wales get 5 lolol
Foden is England’s most talented player. The fact Southgate picks Mount ahead of him speaks volumes.

This is the big thing his in game management is a shambles

Not a single person watched that game last night and thought ‘yeah let’s bring Henderson on’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.