England v USA – Fri 25th Nov, 19:00 | Group B | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He wont start Phil, he cant start Phil that would show weakness in his leadership. Southgate cant be seen to be giving in to the pundits, the press/media etc.
You could be right.

Phil is not Maradona. He doesn’t guarantee success. But he’s possibly our best young player who deserves a chance and who Southgate should have used without the need for a fuss.

Southgate has been done to death so I'll ignore him as we all know the score, 2 stand-out things for me were the total lack of movement from anyone when we had the ball at the back, and the fact that Englands MotM was old slabhead himself
Slabhead MOTM puts me in mind of Richard Dunne, great for us when we were shit, stood out in games for desperate last ditch defending.

Initially I thought we were being spoiled because in Pep we have the best footballing manager on the planet. Flair, style, entertainment - all essential ingredients to Pep's successful recipes.
But then after maybe 15 minutes last night I realised the futility of making comparisons between the two: one is a master chef and the other, if he made a slice of toast it would have bones in it.

What we saw last night was as inept a performance from professional footballers as we are every likely to witness. And it is going to get worse.
Hodgson had his favourites, and didn't we just know it? The man who once famously remarked: "If Wooney had a bwoken leg he'd still be the first name on the sheet." And now Southgate is carrying on this tradition of building teams around his favourite players.
To see Phil sitting there on the sub's bench while the consistently ineffective Henderson strolled about, waving his arms, shouting, and making sideways passes was enough to convince me that Southgate has some kind of vendetta against our man. What, and why, we'll probably never know: but nothing else explains the Waistcoat's apparent reluctance to put him on the pitch and let him do his thing.

According to a few reports ive seen, Henderson changed the game when he came on, is this true ?

This is the big thing his in game management is a shambles

Not a single person watched that game last night and thought ‘yeah let’s bring Henderson on’
Had it been Dickie Henderson I might have thought we could turn it round, but yet another game where the opposition should be well within our capacity to defeat and he comes up with another lack-lustre performance. Grealish and Foden to start and Henderson to be kept in the boot room polishing boots for the next game. I can visualise Wales doing us!

Initially I thought we were being spoiled because in Pep we have the best footballing manager on the planet. Flair, style, entertainment - all essential ingredients to Pep's successful recipes.
But then after maybe 15 minutes last night I realised the futility of making comparisons between the two: one is a master chef and the other, if he made a slice of toast it would have bones in it.

What we saw last night was as inept a performance from professional footballers as we are every likely to witness. And it is going to get worse.
Hodgson had his favourites, and didn't we just know it? The man who once famously remarked: "If Wooney had a bwoken leg he'd still be the first name on the sheet." And now Southgate is carrying on this tradition of building teams around his favourite players.
To see Phil sitting there on the sub's bench while the consistently ineffective Henderson strolled about, waving his arms, shouting, and making sideways passes was enough to convince me that Southgate has some kind of vendetta against our man. What, and why, we'll probably never know: but nothing else explains the Waistcoat's apparent reluctance to put him on the pitch and let him do his thing.

True but according to the press/media City are boring

First game I’ve watched in this World Cup and it was fucking awful. A Friday evening of my life I’ll never get back.

Could have been going to watch City today, instead we’ve got this stupid WC and that terrible game last night with no City for another month (and fuck knows what state our players are going to come back in!).

Don’t think I’ll bother tuning in again until the semis.

Bag o’shit!

He has this recurring nightmare that if Phil 'n Jack got on the team would lose. His whole mentality is to avoid defeat, and if anything better turns up, hey ho, the cup's coming home. He give me the impression that he thinks a draw is actually a victory. The stodgiest, mind-numbing, risk-averse manager I can think of! Wonder what will be transmitted from Southgate's brain cells to the players prior to the next game? 'Tis indeed the stuff of recurring nightmares.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.