Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Benching Walker and Cancelo for him was a big mistake, though. It doesn't work and it won't work (this season).
Walker has been atrocious before and after the surgery so I disagree there. Not sure what the solution is as Cancelo was so hit or miss as well. That's why I wanted us to buy-back Porro..

Because when he doesnt dmscore as you say he is not provided the ball. I totally agree, but..but, but , but ..he is only givenbthe balk when we play teams who b atrme too lazy to stop the supply, can't fked.closing down. Play an organised team v US we are F'KED
Bc we pass it back for some odd reason. Look when kdb came one. He looked for haaland and he was almost through with that one through ball. But when he doesn’t play we go to wing them we stop then we go back and repeat.

Disappointing. How can there be 4 minutes left, a spurs player sent off and it takes 3 minutes to start the game again and then only 5 minutes added on for the whole game. There needs to be an in game minimum played. It's just nonsense the amount of time wasting.
We could have played for 90 hours and still not scored with that performance.

Pep’s tired definitely we can at least agree on this , behind everyone great women there’s a man . Pep needs a proper no2 right hand man .
He’s juggling too many eggs.

The term 'flogging a dead horse' springs to mind.

The best coach in the world can't work out how to use the best striker in the world...

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and accept that change is the best option.

Everton won yesterday - let’s get Dyche or maybe Wreck it Ralph is available?

Watching us since Brighton at home reminds me of Bobby Manc final days

I said to my lad that it's like watching the final days of the Roman Empire. He said that Chelsea were worse than us....

It really is pitiful at times. The end of an era. We can only hope that the Board pick the right man to replace him, but I'm not expecting miracles.

I will post something I posted in another thread.

Some issues are so clearly visible but unfortunately do not think we have solutions for that yet. but the main area that is causing cascading issues for us is up the wing. we have neither the fullback or the wingers to threaten the opponent from the wide areas. so they are happy to concede incredible amount of space out wide and simply clog up the middle of the park. watch how tottenham was happy to concede acres of space to bernardo and Jack because they are slow and cannot get behind with pace. so they just let them have space to receive the ball and then they can move out to them without fear of a cutback from the byline. if our wingers come inside we have no fullback to threaten the outside space. essentially we are non existent for the wide areas.

when this happens the opponent just needs to congest the space in the middle and make it a battle of intensity. this is where we have another problem. the energy from the midfield is completely gone. bernardo, gundo, KDB just do not have the intensity to press and then carry the ball. they are getting brushed aside. once a turnover occurs we only have 2 midfielders in the center because the two 8s are playing like two 10s high up to counter the opponent having numbers in the middle; which again is a result of us not having a threat on the wide area like I discussed above. Hence only Rodri with another false fullback Rico is protecting the center of the park. so we are getting outnumbered in the middle and also the opponent having the pace and the intensity in the center of the park can go straight to our backline. the backline now only has three players because of the other fullback being in the midfield. so there is always space on the sides for them to get behind or to split open our CBs for a through ball.

Conclusion: All our issues arise from us having no threat form the wide areas either from the wingers or our fullback. jack, bernardo, mahrez never have the threat to get behind and we have no natural overlapping fullbacks. until this is sorted we will have poor games.
Do you play chess?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.