Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Professional footballers are making career decisions based on their own personal development, trophies and earnings potential, not headers and volleys in the park.
And memories, can't tell me that most top pros wouldn't mind a chumps league semi fonal win playing in a 90,000 Bernabeu. That 'experience' also comes with £££

Its just a very strange Oep tbis season. Like he isunviting trouble. Since when does a methidical manager start picking players on emotikn and body language. Don't get me wrong i can def see a role gor Ake in match day squad but we need Laporte's eye for a pass despite his languid, face like a slappedcarse demea or at times. Pep its just not ..picking the easier option.

Apart from you needing your glasses on or not be pissed so early in the morning, there is a case to made in trying Laporté in DM alongside Rodri for his progressive passing.

If Guardiola is not going to try Perrone against Villa, this would be my experiment.

rodri cost us today and both goals against them at home..

Which suggests it might be a tactic?

Opponents aren't letting him turn, asking the striker to drop in and man mark him.

In doing so, Rodri is forcing it, trying to get us out with risky passes closer to our own goal.

Teams in Europe used to do the same with Yaya, stop him turning and getting his head up.

Rodri's mistakes are in the spotlight because the team is lacking enough creativity to take the onus off him and the back four.

Another reason why Stones is so vital in the build up.

To a lesser extent, Laporte's ability to switch the play long out to the Mahrez flank.

Bernie used to be that recycler but his race seems run. Kev can come and collect but his high risk passing gives us the same headache as Rodri's.

The signing of Phillips has been a disaster. He can pass from deep but Pep clearly doesn't trust him.

I am over the result already.

Being honest,we have looked Miles off being Title challengers this season.

Finishing top 4 will be some achievement if the rumors of unrest in the dressing room are true.

Cancelo shipped out to Bayern at the last minute. Rumors of possibly another 5,6, players having fallen out with Pep also.

If it is true it isn't going to be conductive to good football is it.

Meaning we had to go in to a Big game against Spurs with an unhappy dressing room.And our manager fielding a team of players based on who he has not "Yet" fallen out with.

My fear is Pep is unraveling again.

When he popped off at the Fans i thought it was a bit out of order given what he has served up this season.

Tixi might need to call a meeting to sort this all out.Let everyone air their grievances in private.Something needs to change.

We can not let it continue.Something is obviously wrong on,and off the Pitch.And it needs sorting now.
Agreed, and its understandable. Years being best in PL despite meeja trying to shoe horn Bingo into the equation. I think Pep just needs a sabatical really. I can't blame him. Or at least a decent no 2. ATMO it just looks like a disaster movie, this is the build up..

Its just a very strange Oep tbis season. Like he isunviting trouble. Since when does a methidical manager start picking players on emotikn and body language. Don't get me wrong i can def see a role gor Ake in match day squad but we need Laporte's eye for a pass despite his languid, face like a slappedcarse demea or at times. Pep its just not ..picking the easier option.
I agree, it feels very odd.

Apart from you needing your glasses on or not be pissed so early in the morning, there is a case to made in trying Laporté in DM alongside Rodri for his progressive passing.

If Guardiola is not going to try Perrone against Villa, this would be my experiment.
Absolutely agree, top level matches in orem you do need that ball threaded quick, just beating the oppos as they come to press. Timing and precision of pass needs to spot on. Very little margin for error. Laporte has this. Its a very underated but essential quality. Then you need players on it, who can receive it on half turn..like Ailva USED to...we are a million miles from that atmo

"I am over the result already."

The result maybe, but that performance stunk.

Arsenal suffered a huge loss on Saturday and we put in a performance like that, Arteta and Tent Peg must be pissing themselves.

And our utter cluster fuck attitude could amazingly hand the title to the rags, stranger things have happened.

Same I just didnt understand or know what our set up was. We look like 11 lads who have just met on a piss up weekend having a kick around. We are getting easy to play against, full backs now both our wingers will cut inside and not take them on. City wont play a quick over the top ball.

The speed at which spurs got back into their bus was so quick but we allow to to do because our build up play is so slow.

I have no idea what's going on !

Haaland must be getting so pissed off.

Time to give a Lewis a rest and get him working on his body strength. I cant remember the last time I saw many of our players getting knocked of the ball. Like kids v dads. No one seems to be able to ride a challenge. We seem very weak and lightweight with no Kompany, Yaya, Aguero, Silva, Zabba, Fernandinho etc. To days team gets knocked of the ball so easily. Only Haaland and Foden seem strong enough.

The signing of Phillips has been a disaster. He can pass from deep but Pep clearly doesn't trust him.

Not sure this is fair. I think it's hierarchy over 'trust' that Guardiola's first preferences can get the team over the line. Philips may get the nod in the next game, so we'll see if he picks up the pace, picks his head up for the pass and not be safety first as the option.

The mid are not taking chances or not driving through, which is hobbling us.

When I say the mid, the tandem of Bernardo and Rodri are DONE!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.